Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will go down in history as the better fighter holyfield of Tyson/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a much longer prime, more overall accomplishments, and two H2H wins gotta go with Evander

Comment

Evander Holyfield. And I hope he finally retires, since he'll be turning 50 in October.

Comment

Holyfield is the better fighter with a better resume. But in 50 years time people will still remember Mike Tyson as we still have a fascination about him in which we will never forget.

Comment

Holyfield may well go down as the greater due to a much longer prime and wins over mike but that doesn't change the fact that iron mike made the bigger impact and at his short peak was imo better. Tyson will be remembered forever by everybody, holyfield will be remembered by boxing fans.
          Last edited by Daddy T; 09-05-2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

It's clearly Holyfield. His Resume is pretty ridiculous, he gave us some of the greatest wars of all time and was still competitive well into his 40s. Tyson will always be the more famous of the two I imagine, but Holyfield is/was/always will be the better fighter by far.

Comment

Holyfield n it's not that close imo.

Comment

Holyfield.

Comment

Arturo Gatti is more famous/popular than Salvador sanchez, ain't he?

Evander Holyfield is the better lb4lber. they are about even at heavyweight, but Holyfield's Cruiserweight career is what makes him the better fighter. Also, he beat Mike twice, one of the times reducing him to a front-running b*tch. Evander Holyfield brought out the worst in Mike Tyson, a side of Mike that Evander never came close to showing. Holyfield was the warrior, Tyson the bully.

Comment

jabsRstiff, absolutly love the Gatti/Sanchez angle. If I knew how to pass out the green squares, I'd give you one. My guess is that (like me) that kind of stuff is useless

Comment

Tyson will always be high in the popularity votes because as a young pro coming up he had an undefeated entrance and was KOing opponents everytime out. Ofcourse most fans didn't know he was fighting "opponents" but most fans don't know much about boxing other than results (wins/loses) and the record established. As to talents and willingness and all the techniques thats go with so many styles, they're clueless!!

Evander Holyfield is the better fighter, by far! He always brought solid conditioning and the will to win, Tyson did not! Holyfield fought much better competition than Mike did also. His record will read very shady but again theres fans that don't understand losses, many times its who your fighting when your fighting him and why! These are legit reasons not excusses!!!

Then ofcourse the went heads up and one punked and quit! Pretty easy to pick the better man!!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X