No announcement yet.

What went wrong with Ouma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What went wrong with Ouma?

First, pardon me for putting this in the history section. I just don't want it to get drowned out by all the Pac and Floyd threads on NSB.

What went wrong with the career of Kassim Ouma? This is a kid who had aq great story and looked to be on the fast track to stardom as an up and comer. After his loss to Karmazin his career started to fall apart though. What happened to this talented and intriguing fighter, and can he come back?

Maybe his life got too comfortable in Florida... compared to the hell he went through in Uganda.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      Maybe his life got too comfortable in Florida... compared to the hell he went through in Uganda.

Could be. I really thought this guy was going to make it big 5 or 6 years ago. Im happy his life is so much better than his childhood, but as a fan I feel we missed out.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Could be. I really thought this guy was going to make it big 5 or 6 years ago. Im happy his life is so much better than his childhood, but as a fan I feel we missed out.
        Yeah Maybe Jab. But if he can win tonight, his career is right back on track, but it's a big ask to be honest!

Comment

Any one seen the documentry about his life?

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
            Any one seen the documentry about his life?
            I haven't seen the documentary, only read about it.

Comment

I never saw what everyone saw in Ouma.. I thought he was ok, but nothing special..
              Admittedly, i've only watched him on a couple of occasions, and to me, he seemed to lack a second gear or plan B.. It's quite evident, he is'nt short of talent, so maybe the move to MW did'nt suit him, because he was'nt a particularly powerful LM, and the likes of Bundrage & Taylor (2 of his 6 defeats) were well seasoned middleweights..
              Either that, or his heart just is'nt in it anymore..
              I don't think he's won a meaningful fight in a few years now, so if he loses tonight, i'm afraid it'll be 'curtains' for him at top level..
              Last edited by mickey malone; 01-17-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

many believe he was robbed tonight

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  First, pardon me for putting this in the history section. I just don't want it to get drowned out by all the Pac and Floyd threads on NSB.

What went wrong with the career of Kassim Ouma? This is a kid who had aq great story and looked to be on the fast track to stardom as an up and comer. After his loss to Karmazin his career started to fall apart though. What happened to this talented and intriguing fighter, and can he come back?
                  Just saw Ouma fight a spirited fight in losing to Vanes. Ouma took a horrific beating in his loss to Karmazin, and like many fighters who suffered such a beating, has never been the same. Just like you, Ouma was one of my favorite fighters in the early part of the millenium. Unfortunately, like Meldrick and Jermain taylor, Jeff Lacy, Felix Trinidad, and Tyrell Biggs, Ouma was never the same after suffering a one-sided beating. he is now just an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
                    many believe he was robbed tonight
                    No surprises there then.. Robberies seem to be 'commonplace' of late..
                    Not to mention Sergio Martinez of course..

Comment

Working...
                    X