No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Opponent Set, Hearn To Reveal Next Tuesday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    I like how you say Burns cancelled the fight ignoring the fact he just got a new promoter. Maybe just maybe his new promoter got different plans for him?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Yeah I'm sure his promoter has different plans for him. Safer, less riskier plans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll
      Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

I like how you say Burns cancelled the fight ignoring the fact he just got a new promoter. Maybe just maybe his new promoter got different plans for him?

Yeah I'm sure his promoter has different plans for him. Safer, less riskier plans.
      That's fine and I can agree with that but don't say Burns ducked out of a Vazquez fight cause if thats the case he wouldn't had taken it in the first place.

Comment

I don't understand why people still question Eddie Hearn's intentions.

Isn't it clear as day he doesn't protect his fighters?

Look who his fighters have been fighting;

Froch fights everyone
        Brook is fighting Devon Alexander
        Barker fought Martinez
        Frampton fought Molitor and Martinez
        Rees fought Broner
        Bellew after he has his next fight is looking to get Chad Dawson or a world title fight.

Burns will get big fights at Matchroom. Whether it be Vasquez, Broner or whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Froch fights everyone
          Barker fought Martinez
          Rees fought Broner
          Bellew after he has his next fight is looking to get Chad Dawson or a world title fight.

Burns will get big fights at Matchroom. Whether it be Vasquez, Broner or whoever.
          he could have already fought broner to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            he could have already fought broner to be fair.
            Not on Frank Warrens watch he couldn't.

Frank Warren can say whatever he wants, no one is honestly going to believe that Broner was an option for Burns. His track record is there to see, he doesn't put his fighters in those kind of risks, it's really that simple.

If Burns wants the fight, Hearn will get it him.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              Without Broner at LW, these guys aren't even worth talking about any more.
              Speak for yourself. I still would like to see Burns/Vazquez.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                What? Hearn has been excellent at making the fights the fans want to see so far. He put Barker in there with Martinez, Rees in with Broner, he's got Brook the fight with Alexander, did Proska - Golovkin, Frampton has been tested about as much as any fighter with his experience. It's no secret the Bellew is after Dawson either.

Infact he could be accused (as has been by Warren) of being stupid for putting his guys in the hardest fights on away territory.

I think you should do some research before assuming Hearn will play it safe.

Edit... lol just read further down the thread and saw someone else also pointed this out. Can't actually believe someone questioning Hearns intentions on making fights given what he's done in the short time he's been in the sport.
                Last edited by diarraisagod; 03-21-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Burns ducked Broner....OBVIOUS duck!!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Froch fights everyone
                    Barker fought Martinez
                    Rees fought Broner

I think the US posters are just tired of waiting for Burns to step up. Now it seems like Hearn is going to try to build his brand in Scotland, so it'll be another while before we see him take on the other champions at LW. I predict end of this year, or early next year.

Comment

Lost all respect for Burns. He's had too many easy fights now and i just can't respect a guy who points to his promoter when asked about fights. If he really wants the likes of Broner he would be pushing his promoter to make it. I didn't believe he wanted to duck him at 130 but he clearly has no interest..

Comment

Working...
                      X