Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Section, Picks For David Haye vs Wladamir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye in 5 or 6 rounds. I like his speed and agility to get him past the Klitchko jab and he has the balls / ambition to unload the big shots and the power to score the KO. I actually think he will try to box a bit like Groves did vs DeGale at first, use raiding tactics in and out and ultimately end it with a right hand bomb over the top....

I cant see a great action fight but due to the occasion, the fact its such a huge HW fight and the sheer power in there along with the lack of chins will create a super tense and exciting edge to the bout and i cannot ****in wait!

Wlads the fav and rightly so everything points to him winning but i just feel like the underdog can pull it off this time

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Haye in 5 or 6 rounds. I like his speed and agility to get him past the Klitchko jab and he has the balls / ambition to unload the big shots and the power to score the KO. I actually think he will try to box a bit like Groves did vs DeGale at first, use raiding tactics in and out and ultimately end it with a right hand bomb over the top....

I cant see a great action fight but due to the occasion, the fact its such a huge HW fight and the sheer power in there along with the lack of chins will create a super tense and exciting edge to the bout and i cannot ****in wait!

Wlads the fav and rightly so everything points to him winning but i just feel like the underdog can pull it off this time
      You're such a Nationalistic bastard, Surgeon

Comment

10 Million on Klitschko?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
          Provided they both come in, in top condition, with no nagging injuries, clear heads and stick to their gameplans, then Wlad will win. Even if Wlad isn't 100% he should still win as I feel the gulf in skill level and experience is great enough to allow him some margin for error. Haye is simply far too raw and inexperienced at heavyweight to take out a guy like Wlad, and makes so many errors that Wlad is bound to capitalise at some point or other.

- He keeps his hands down but doesn't possess the defensive prowess or punch awareness to avoid a solid jab. And Wlad has the best in the division.

- He can't fight well going backwards; the only shot he can throw with decent power and accuracy on the backfoot is the right uppercut, and that will be hard to land against a much taller fighter like Wlad. The right against Ruiz was a bit of an anomaly and it didn't end the fight. In general, pressure fighters cause him problems.

- He wings his power punches and leaves himself massively exposed and off balance. That shouldn't be too dangerous against Wlad, but it's not exactly a good thing either. It's also physically draining.

- He switches off for large portions of the fight and circles the ring doing very little. He also allows himself to be dictated to during this time if his opponent presses the action.

Even if Haye were to land something and stun Wlad, I'm not confident in his ability to end things. In the past when Haye had a fighter hurt he lost all semblance of technique and accuracy and just swarmed them with street-fighter type punches till they fell to the floor. This has worked thus far, but Wlad despite his less than iron chin is quite tricky to absolutely take out. His height coupled with his clinch reflex tends to take the sting off a lot of the punches and cause guys to wear themselves out. Fighters in the past had to consistently hit him clean on the jaw and put him down multiple times before the ref stopped things. Even Sanders didn't take him out with one shot. Haye's capable of finishing things if he keeps his cool, but he'll have to land an almighty shot to start it off, and keep his cool till the end. I think in his excitement he'll smother his shots and burn himself out.

Most likely outcome is that Wlad weathers an early storm, establishes his jab and takes Haye out somewhere in the mid to late rounds.

I'm planning on betting money on this fight, so be assured these are my honest thoughts on the matter.

once again, nice breakdown on a HW fight, bro

i agree completely with the bold part

you cant deflate the pace of a fight with haye's style. and you really cant turn the heat up for any extended periods with it either. you're hoping to land big and capitalize and finish.
          how is he going to slow wladimir's roll if he wont throw punches and take his jab away?
          especially when you don't have an honest HW jab of your own..

haye's HW gameplan is going to keep him at the end of wlad's jab all night. horrible idea.

haye throws 15-20 punches a round on a good day

that's music to wladimir's ears
          he can deal with the one punch and tie him up all night if he gets close

the way to beat wladimir if he doesn't gas out is to catch up to him and make him fight... and make him gas out
          that's just not happening if haye goes out business as usual at HW and throws so few punches and combinations

this is going to sound crazy
          but i'd compare this fight to bernard and pascal in terms of the intentions of both fighters

pascal's just not the type of fighter to turn the heat up on bernard and either get to him and break him down enough
          or score the pts he needs to win

he had a punchers chance and that's what made the fight exciting, but otherwise he was taylor made for hopkins

exactly the same situation is going to come about in haye-wladimir
          hay's got almost nothing going for him outside of the punchers chance, and is almost garanteed to take a beating while he hopes and prays for one big punch

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            You're such a Nationalistic bastard, Surgeon
            Lol sue me!

Nah seriously its not that im sold on Haye its just that i think Wlad is a whatever fighter, nothing special. I know Klitchko has the size advantage along with experiance and is fighting on home soil (basically) but he's beatable. I think Haye can Knock him cold

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              10 Million on Klitschko?
              Where u get all those points man?

Umm call it 5mill just for fun coz im not overly confident

Comment

Where u get all those points man?

Umm call it 5mill just for fun coz im not overly confident
                To be honest, I'm not really sure haha I guess I'm a pretty decent gambler. And I'll take that bet.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  To be honest, I'm not really sure haha I guess I'm a pretty decent gambler. And I'll take that bet.
                  Done deal.

What u doin for the fight? I cant get Box Office at my house so i can either stay in with the missus and stream it, have a few cold ones and that or hit the pub for it or go to my mates and watch it with the lads...

Tough choice, u cant hear **** in the pub, u miss loads when everyones jumping about pissed at the house but streams can be dodgy!!!

Comment

Lol sue me!

Nah seriously its not that im sold on Haye its just that i think Wlad is a whatever fighter, nothing special. I know Klitchko has the size advantage along with experiance and is fighting on home soil (basically) but he's beatable. I think Haye can Knock him cold

I think Haye can win if he catches him and hurts him early.

But, I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I think Haye can win if he catches him and hurts him early.

But, I doubt it.

That's my feeling too. Haye could win, but I just can't pick him to. But Haye's speed and power make him the livest opposition Wladimir has seen in quite awhile.

Comment

Working...
                      X