No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vinny Maddalone: The Final Run for Glory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vinny Maddalone: The Final Run for Glory

By Thomas Gerbasi - Not a lot has changed for Vinny Maddalone since the first time he fought in a Toughman competition around 15 years ago. He still knows how to punch, how to ignite a crowd, and how to be a gentleman after the final bell sounds. His mom Carol even continues to light a candle for him every time he steps between the ropes.

“Out of 45 fights I think she’s been to one of them,” laughed Maddalone. “Every time I fight, she lights her candle, she says a prayer, and she’s pretty much to the point where she knows this is what I love to do. She just doesn’t want to see me get hurt, and I tell her ‘ma, all I can do is keep training hard every day and go into the ring and try to be a hundred percent ready.’ That’s all you can ask for.”

About the only thing that has changed for Maddalone as he approaches a Saturday bout against Richard Carmack at the Paramount Theatre in Huntington, New York is that at 39 years old, he’s a lot closer to the end of his career than the beginning of it. And that’s fine with the affable Queens native, who has never been one to oversell himself or live in a world of delusion when it came to what he brought to the ring.

“It’s going on almost 15 years pro now, and the game has been great to me,” said Maddalone, an honest fighter in an often dishonest game, one whose good name has not just been earned, but kept longer than most in this sport. [Click Here To Read More]

vinny has been in alot of good dustups at the domestic level. he's a solid journeyman & you can expect some fire works when he's in the ring. i always enjoyed watching his fights.

Comment

Vinny always wants to give the fans their money's worth - if all fighters had his attitude there'd be less problems in the sport

Comment

Maddalone's chances of getting a Klitchko fight are about the same as Amir Khan's chances to win the WBC Heavyweight championship

Comment

Working...
        X