No announcement yet.

Boxing advice that you ignored in the beginning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing advice that you ignored in the beginning

Sometimes beginners (myself included) have a tendency to ignore or marginalize good advice or tips from the guys who have been there, done that. I am curious to hear some of the things people ignored early on in boxing, only to realize much later that it would have been much better to heed the good advice.

Anyone?

conditioning (not just roadwork)
    shadowboxing
    proper nutrition

in my opinion, if you're committed to those 3 things, then you'll be a good fighter, bottom line

Comment

in the begining i would run 2 OR 3 MILES but would still get tired in fast pace bouts it wasnt until i ran sprints think anerobic all out for two or three minutes. that i could go rds with out my mind racing me into fatige

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        conditioning (not just roadwork)
        shadowboxing
        proper nutrition

in my opinion, if you're committed to those 3 things, then you'll be a good fighter, bottom line
        Co-sign!!!

Although I'd replace shadow boxing with sparring

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          Co-sign!!!

Although I'd replace shadow boxing with sparring
          yea but those are things i didnt do as much even though being hammered to do them!

sparring when i was told to do, i got in there until they made me leave!

Comment

bite down on your mouth guard when you know you're about to get punched in the face

Comment

Working...
            X