No announcement yet.

Hey guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys

I'm looking into starting boxing, not too become a world champ, but for the fitness and maybe to get a fight or two here and there in the future for a bit of extra cash. My grand dad was an amateur boxer in England and he tells me he had 3 professional fights of which he won 2 of. My father tried boxing but just lacked the aggresion.

I did a bit of training back when I was around 14 because my pop really wanted me to have a go, but it just wasn't for me, didn't mind sparring and getting hit by my dad, but just the all round fitness was too much commitment for me then.

I got aerobically fit from playing rugby league in 07 and got into the gym quite heavily.

So basically I am 6 foot 2, my weight can change up too 4.5kg in a matter of ten days, Generally I way 80kg, which is 176 pounds or there abouts, in terms of weights I can do 1 rep of 110kg and push ups and sit ups are a sinch. I've been succesful in many Australian sports and sprinted for NSW in 2004, I think I could get my weight down to 77kg without sacrificing any power.

I'm wondering what the best way for me to get into boxing would be? I'm now 18, shadow box and use my bag at home, my pop has taught me a thing or two and I keep fit in the gym.

Would I be best to continue on by myself keeping fit and asking my pop for advice and watching tapes then going to a boxing gym or if I should just go straight to a boxing gym and go from there.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Go Straight to a Boxing gym and go from there.

What state you in? NSW?

I am from Victoria,

DMC

Comment

If you are in decent shape, find a gym... if not... run a bit so you aren't dying after 30 seconds.

You aren't going to make any money being a boxer though, so cross that off your reasons for doing it and see if you still want to.

Comment

Yeah I'm in NSW, in pretty good shape really, my body fat test results are lean, so if anything i need to put on some fat. Aerobically I'm fit as well.

Hopefully a boxing gym will be opening in my town in the next 6 months, so I might just wait for that.

Money's no issue, got a very wealthy family and am fairly clever, probably off to university (college) to do teaching in 2009, so hopefully I wouldn't be relying on boxing for money ever.

Comment

Working...
        X