No announcement yet.

help me with my pathetic girly-man chest lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me with my pathetic girly-man chest lol

i don't get it. i am getting very strong after only working out for a short while with all my other exercises, but my bench press is weak as hell. i am about 175 lbs. and let's just say that i cannot bench my own weight. here is what i have been doing.

bench press 5X6 ......i am doing 5 sets because when i bought my bench, they forgot to give me the pin to incline it so i can't do incline. (any suggestions for something to use for a pin? i don't want to have a bad accident with something breaking while i have a bunch of weight over my head or sternum.)

after the bench press, i do a bunch of reps with this exercise bar thing i have that you bend while keeping your arms straight....it is actually quite impressive for getting that 'crease' in the middle of your chest defined, but it certainly isn't helping my strength much.

and that is all i do on my chest day. my arms, shoulders, traps, back and legs are getting huge and it looks very stupid with having a small chest. plus i really want to get my strength up a lot.

any suggestions?

Originally posted by monsterandmachine
    i don't get it. i am getting very strong after only working out for a short while with all my other exercises, but my bench press is weak as hell. i am about 175 lbs. and let's just say that i cannot bench my own weight. here is what i have been doing.

bench press 5X6 ......i am doing 5 sets because when i bought my bench, they forgot to give me the pin to incline it so i can't do incline. (any suggestions for something to use for a pin? i don't want to have a bad accident with something breaking while i have a bunch of weight over my head or sternum.)

after the bench press, i do a bunch of reps with this exercise bar thing i have that you bend while keeping your arms straight....it is actually quite impressive for getting that 'crease' in the middle of your chest defined, but it certainly isn't helping my strength much.

and that is all i do on my chest day. my arms, shoulders, traps, back and legs are getting huge and it looks very stupid with having a small chest. plus i really want to get my strength up a lot.

any suggestions?

incorporate more chest exercises, start using proper form (squeeze your chest muscles as you push rather than using your arms to do the work)

Comment

when i started working out prolly 2 1/2 years ago my bench would not go up either but i started taking creatine and now i can bench 50 pounds over my weight creatine works

Comment

A year ago i couldn't bench my weight, i was 140. Now i am 160 and can bench 270. I do bench and tri's every other day. 6 sets of bench, first set light to warm up them pack on the weight. 6th set should be 1-2 reps only. add a little weight each set. This helped me, on the days between i do curls and squats

Comment

holy **** you weigh 160 and bench 270?!? that's pretty good man. so you think i should work my chest more than once a week?

Comment

if u got a home setup, even better. Go for ur max. bench press like 3 or 4 times a week and make sure u have a spotter of course. u will get big pecks depending on on where u put ya hands. the further ur hands apart and u will work ya pecs, if they are closer in, u will work triceps. So, work ya way up 2 max. bench press with ya hands placed wide on the bar.

Comment

[QUOTE=monsterandmachine]holy **** you weigh 160 and bench 270?!? that's pretty good man. so you think i should work my chest more than once a week?[/QUO
              Yes, i hear people all the time saying its overtraining, but they are sissys and only bench pressing around their body weight. 3 times a week is fine, just do it every other day. Remember to work your triceps hard too, i do 6 sets of skull crushers after benching. Remember not to stop at a certain rep, do them till you can't do anymore, thats the only way your gonna get stronger. Good form is a must, keep your hips on the bench, lower bar slowly and push up rapidly. Don't arch your back or move your feet around, keep them at a 80 degree angle, so you can try to slide yourself back the bench, that will help a great deal, just keep your back and hips down. First set warm up whatever you can get around 15 times, then each set add weight till your 6th set is 1 rep. Eat alot of protein

Comment

Working...
              X