Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Fighter, Jake LaMotta or Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Wins over Zivic, Dauthille, Yarosz, Williams, Satterfield, Cerdan, a much light but still a marvel in Robinson, Basora, Lytell, easily trump Lewis resume. Wheres your argument?
    are these guys even good?
    i mean, i've come to realise that with the old timers when no one has much video evidence to explain why they are ranked so high
    they just pick out a champion and that's a great win, like atg status win or somethin, but no one even seen these champions, and i know back then being a champion was harder, but, is it wierd that i look at guys like joey maxim and think bum?

i know maxim isn't an atg(i dont think) so maybe that's a bad example.

joe frazier(despite having footage) i think is really overrated too, maybe him, like lamotta are only really ranked so high due to their wins over ali/robinson?
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-09-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
      i mean, i've come to realise that with the old timers when no one has much video evidence to explain why they are ranked so high
      they just pick out a champion and that's a great win, like atg status win or somethin, but no one even seen these champions, and i know back then being a champion was harder, but, is it wierd that i look at joey maxim and think bum?
      These are 50's fighters which there are some footage of most.

Comment

they just pick out a champion and that's a great win, like atg status win or somethin, but no one even seen these champions, and i know back then being a champion was harder, but, is it wierd that i look at guys like joey maxim and think bum?
        There's footage of all those boxers named and quite a bit of it expect for Basora.

Comment

i know maxim isn't an atg(i dont think) so maybe that's a bad example.

joe frazier(despite having footage) i think is really overrated too, maybe him, like lamotta are only really ranked so high due to their wins over ali/robinson?
          Explain how Frazier is over-rated?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
            SO obvious you didnt even think to put him in your middleweight tournament. You listed Monzon twice before listing Lamotta once lol

Meanwhile Lennox finds his way into nearly 90% of the heavyweight threads in this forum. If Lamotta is greater, prove it, by making consistent threads about his greatness as you would Dempsey, Ali, or Greb instead of saying...just because Your not in pre-school anymore.
            Is that your argument for Lewis being greater ?, that he makes it into Heavyweight threads ?.

Well **** put that on top of him being British and I think we've found a new GOAT, LaMotta has no chance right here despite all of his great wins, might as well throw them out the window.
            Last edited by NChristo; 02-09-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
              The worst thing about all these Lennox threads is that it usually pits me against fighters I actually like.

Lamotta is one of my all-time faves, but I believe Lennox has a better shot at beating all the best Heavyweights, than Jake has at beating the best middleweights.

While I favor LaMotta all time, I agree whole wholeheartedly with this.

Comment

These types of comments are just really tiresome, when old fighters are praised people come with some vague bull**** saying you overrate fighters of the past without saying anything particularly relevant. You talk as if film is conclusive evidence, even when there is film of them. I didn't particularly pick out champions in my list of fighters just the fighters I know are greats or good, you've just come across as lazy and ignorant its clear that you can't be bothered to research the fighters, you just decided to shoot off and criticize fighters you know nothing about. Footage of a fighter can also make them look worse, facts are elemental in assessing a fighter, if you ask someone who was the greater fighter between Michael Spinks and Mike Tyson, I guarantee that most people will say Tyson. I don't see how Joe Frazier is overrated at all, I don't really see a justification for it, then again a lot of people don't know what there watching when it comes to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

While I favor LaMotta all time, I agree whole wholeheartedly with this.
                  I think most would agree with it,its just that Lamotta was in a better MW era,than lennox was at heavyweight,imo

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Explain how Frazier is over-rated?
                    Thats unexplainable. Joe Frazier is one of the hardest men to ever lace up the gloves

Comment

Lewis had more skills but LaMotta beat better fighters, it depends which oof these you place more importance on.

Comment

Working...
                      X