Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Floyd Mayweather: Keep Your Word!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Intriguing way to look at it but no way did he mean that.

He definitely meant front runner as in, he is the front runner to get the fight.

Whether he was telling the truth or not is a different story.

I imagine the negotiations for this fight was/is a rollercoaster.
    Let me dream a lil.

I feel like we can expect an announcement any moment now but I've been feeling that way for weeks. Seems like there's lots of rustling going on behind the scenes. To the point where it seems like the next opponent could be anybody. Which means of course, it'll be Guerrero.

Comment

This is all a ploy for Floyd to retire. It is clear to me now.............."It's almost a done deal"...meaning Floyd's career. "Devon is the front runner"....meaning he thinks Devon will carry the sport after he retires.

Floyd has said in the past that he was going to pass the torch to Alexander as the next best p4p after he retires. Floyd knows there are too many people who can beat him now. I suspect he is mainly afraid of both Trout and Canelo because either one of those two guys will likely be facing him in less than 2 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Let me dream a lil.

I feel like we can expect an announcement any moment now but I've been feeling that way for weeks. Seems like there's lots of rustling going on behind the scenes. To the point where it seems like the next opponent could be anybody. Which means of course, it'll be Guerrero.
        I've been saying that to myself since December 1st "Announcement any day now".

But yes I sense you're right, that we are finally going to get an announcement this weekend. I sincerely hope that's the case.

I'm hoping it's Guererro. I've wanted it to be Guererro for a while.

As long as it's not Alexander I'm happy. Considering whoever it is, I'll be there. And if he fights Alexander it will be so, so so dull

The worst part about it is the friend I'm going with isn't a big Boxing fan at all. Casual, at best.

Imagine the horror of seeing Mayweather-Alexander from a casual standpoint and travelling half way across the world to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Burner Š View Post
          This whole thing is bizarre can't wait until he announces a damn opponent already.
          Unfortunately I don't believe there is anything to announce.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            This is all a ploy for Floyd to retire. It is clear to me now.............."It's almost a done deal"...meaning Floyd's career. "Devon is the front runner"....meaning he thinks Devon will carry the sport after he retires

Floyd has said in the past that he was going to pass the torch to Alexander as the next best p4p after he retires. Floyd knows there are too many people who can beat him now. I suspect he is mainly afraid of both Trout and Canelo because either one of those two guys will likely be facing him in less than 2 fights.
            Bwahahahah!! No way in hell does Mayweather mean that! And I'm sorry but if Devon Alexander is carrying the sport of boxing he's gonna be carrying a coffin! Because boxing will be dead before he's the face of it, we have a better chance of Andre Dirrell being the face of boxing than Devon and his terrible moustache!

Comment

I've been saying that to myself since December 1st "Announcement any day now".

But yes I sense you're right, that we are finally going to get an announcement this weekend. I sincerely hope that's the case.

I'm hoping it's Guererro. I've wanted it to be Guererro for a while.

As long as it's not Alexander I'm happy. Considering whoever it is, I'll be there. And if he fights Alexander it will be so, so so dull

The worst part about it is the friend I'm going with isn't a big Boxing fan at all. Casual, at best.

Imagine the horror of seeing Mayweather-Alexander from a casual standpoint and travelling half way across the world to see it

Yeah Guerrero will definitely give you your money's worth. I can't knock the fight--it's intriguing style-wise and viable on paper. But it doesn't excite me and I really wish it wasn't on PPV. Being ringside, you won't have that issue and you get to see him live in what's probably one of his final appearances. Maybe you witness history although that's a long shot. I may go my damn self depending on the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Unfortunately I don't believe there is anything to announce.
                Of course there is.

He is fighting someone on May 4th.

If not Guererro, then Devon Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Kevin Cunningham, the manager and trainer of IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander (24-1, 13KOs), issued a response to some of the some recent headlines that appeared on BoxingScene.com.

Since Tuesday, Alexander has been thrown into the spotlight after Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) wrote the following message on his personal Twitter page.

"The negotiations for my fight are almost done," wrote Mayweather. "The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight." [Click Here To Read More]
                  Schaeffer makes a meaningless comment. If there were negotiations going on, Haymon would be in the middle of them. Then Schaeffer says he has no knowledge of any secret negotiations, and Haymon hasn't told him anything.

Well......if they were secret, Haymon wouldn't be telling him anything, and if he, Schaeffer doesn't know anything, well....again..... why should he....if they are secret??

Comment

Good Lord. Team Alexander ALWAYS equals = Kevin Cunningham is saying something. By the way that it's always Kevin whose doing all the talking, you'd think that Kevin was the fighter and Devon was the trainer.

Cunningham saw major $$$ signs when Mayweather mentioned his, whoops, I mean DEVON's name. He wants that career high TRAINERS fee.

Comment

Of course there is.

He is fighting someone on May 4th.

If not Guererro, then Devon Alexander.
                      I mean nothing is signed and sealed yet like Schaefer is making it seem.

Comment

Working...
                      X