No announcement yet.

Hey guys.. question for ya..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys.. question for ya..

To start it off.. I am in no way near close the shape it requires to be a boxer. However, that is my goal in visiting this forum. I think that boxers are some of the best athletes in the world. It takes so much stamina to do what you guys do. With all that being said, I was really interested in putting on some gloves and hitting a bag. I used to play football for 8 years back until I tore tendons in my shoulder. I am pretty out of shape, but that is my primary goal. I want to get in shape and make myself a healthy diet.

I want a life style change more then anything..

Here is my dilema though.. I work 10 hours a day, monday-friday. I sit on my butt all day and there are restuarants surrounding me. Should I pack a lunch rather then eat from them? What should I be eating? How often?

Do you guys see any benefit from me just getting a punching bag and some glvoes and just hitting it around for some fun and excerise? Any input from you would be great..

How bad does it hurt your body to just eat 1 meal a day and thats it and have a regular work out schedule of lifts?

Again I am not an inspiring boxer but I do admire their lifestyle and would like to try and be as disciplined in my regime as one.

One meal a day will hurt unless that meal is packing some serious calories. Just punching the bag will improve stamina (punching wise) and obviously your punching power. If you wanna train as a boxer to get fit, go for it, it is a awesome lifestyle, you'll feel 10x better about yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
      One meal a day will hurt unless that meal is packing some serious calories. Just punching the bag will improve stamina (punching wise) and obviously your punching power. If you wanna train as a boxer to get fit, go for it, it is a awesome lifestyle, you'll feel 10x better about yourself.
      So should I eat a small breakfast lunch and dinner? with just decent foods and train in the morning and night?

Comment

Only thing you should change food wise is what you eat. Just eat good wholesome food like cottage cheese, chicken, vegetable, beans etc etc. Anything that comes in plastic wrap or a coulourful box is generally bad. I only shop in the canned food, dairy, meat, and produce sections of the stores.

Buying a bag to hit is a great first step, consider a speedbag since when you get really good at it you "feel" like a fighter doing it. Run every once and a while and do some general calisthenics and you'll be in good shape. Maybe you'll get more serious about it once you start seeing a change and get addicted to the lifestyle, who knows.. Best of luck buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Simpkon View Post
          So should I eat a small breakfast lunch and dinner? with just decent foods and train in the morning and night?
          Yeah 3-5 small meals a day is reccomended to lose weight as it will give calories while you're training. Personally I only train at night, sometimes I go for a jog in the morning. Basically cut the burgers, chips etc and just train, then you'll see results. Not like this idiot I saw before "I wanna eat pop tarts and donughts and I wanna get slim", for my to be allowed to box, I had to sacrifice my cheribed food and beer. (tho I do eat fast foods and drink beer rarely). Oh and running when you wake up and having a small breakfast will kickstart the metalobism.

Comment

Awesome advice guys I am so glad I asked these questions. I am going to go out and buy a bag. I am going to try to run as much as I can and go from there.

Comment

Six smaller meals throughout the day instead of three main ones. That way you should never be hungry and won't overeat when it's finally time to have a meal.

Lots of vegetables and lean meats.

Heavy bag is a good workout. Get a skipping rope too. Skipping is a great warm up and will burn calories. Also, you mentioned getting a bag and gloves, don't forget to get some handwraps as well, and learn to wrap your hands properly (there's plenty of demos online).

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the good advice again, guys. I will make sure to get hand wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
                  Six smaller meals throughout the day instead of three main ones. That way you should never be hungry and won't overeat when it's finally time to have a meal.

Lots of vegetables and lean meats.

Heavy bag is a good workout. Get a skipping rope too. Skipping is a great warm up and will burn calories. Also, you mentioned getting a bag and gloves, don't forget to get some handwraps as well, and learn to wrap your hands properly (there's plenty of demos online).

Good luck.
                  what he said

u want 6-7 meals a day... but small meals... not enough to make u full... but enough to make your hunger go away.... thats what keeps ur metabolism pumping and cutting calories... eating one meal aday will slow ur metabolism down all the way

Comment

Thats the mistake I am making then. I was losing a lot of weight but I didn't feel like I was getting stronger or cutting at all. I felt like I actually got weaker.

Comment

Working...
                    X