No announcement yet.

What inspired you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinksjinx
    What inspired all you guys who train and box to get into it and what motivates you to keep on going?????
    I got into boxing at a really young age, like when i was 7 err sumthin, bak then i didnt know wat the heck i was doing, jus follwing my dads lead, stopped training when i was 10, kinda became a lazy ass that only played video games, and then when i was 11, i was mugged by 3 teenagers....i couldnt do **** to them cos i was just knocked really hard in the face, after that i was like ok **** this next time someone tries mugging me im gonna put up a fight before i let them go....so i satrted all over again...then i busted my knee cap while biking...at 13 i started again...and from then on the only thing thats been keeping me going is that damn $140 mouthgaurd that i had to pay for!!! lol, nah, i guess its a mix of determination and a test of ones own strength.....only 16 right now and im not thinking of being pro or anything, but its fun goin to the gym and jokin around with the older guys n stuff, and then goin to fight other people of my own weight and testing my skill against them...i dunno, its just all a really fun experience...i cant stop and i wont stop....its an addiction...yea andi know this sounds really umm, nerdyish? of me but i think training is the one thing i look forward to in my day...

Comment

Originally posted by shamz
      I got into boxing at a really young age, like when i was 7 err sumthin, bak then i didnt know wat the heck i was doing, jus follwing my dads lead, stopped training when i was 10, kinda became a lazy ass that only played video games, and then when i was 11, i was mugged by 3 teenagers....i couldnt do **** to them cos i was just knocked really hard in the face, after that i was like ok **** this next time someone tries mugging me im gonna put up a fight before i let them go....so i satrted all over again...then i busted my knee cap while biking...at 13 i started again...and from then on the only thing thats been keeping me going is that damn $140 mouthgaurd that i had to pay for!!! lol, nah, i guess its a mix of determination and a test of ones own strength.....only 16 right now and im not thinking of being pro or anything, but its fun goin to the gym and jokin around with the older guys n stuff, and then goin to fight other people of my own weight and testing my skill against them...i dunno, its just all a really fun experience...i cant stop and i wont stop....its an addiction...yea andi know this sounds really umm, nerdyish? of me but i think training is the one thing i look forward to in my day...

Gotta have that nice mouthguard if you got pretty teeth....

Man, I know how the addiction is....All I want to do is train train train and I do it so early in the morning (5am) that the rest of my day is boring....The rush is awesome.

Comment

i know i cant even help it!!! i joined two gyms cos both of them only train 3 times a week, cool thing is there different days so i train 6 times a week...woohoooo

Comment

well i work out at the new york sports and they had a 1 hour boxing class(no contact)iand i just got addicted to it.

Comment

lol, takes us one hour to get warmed up

Comment

lol, takes us one hour to get warmed up

On my lifting days it usually takes about an hour to an hour and a half...On my boxing days it varies....But majority of the time around the 2 hour mark...

Triggerhappy-You got to start somewhere

Comment

how old are u spinks? how long have u been training for?
                i need to build up endurance cos its so hard for me to do 12 rounds of skipping 3 minutes oer round, im almost dead after it

Comment

how old are u spinks? how long have u been training for?
                  i need to build up endurance cos its so hard for me to do 12 rounds of skipping 3 minutes oer round, im almost dead after it
                  19 with my 20th birthday tomorrow.....

My endurance is sky high....I was sparring with a guy the other day and we went 10 3 minute rounds and around round 8 is when I felt a bit of fatigue and my legs were a little weak....Not bad really...

Been training for boxing just a couple months, before I was a lifter.

Comment

howd u get ur endurance so high, endurance is importand cos it totally chages the way u block punch move and take hits, so if i get my endurance higher i can go on for about 8 rounds with out a problem

Comment

howd u get ur endurance so high, endurance is importand cos it totally chages the way u block punch move and take hits, so if i get my endurance higher i can go on for about 8 rounds with out a problem
                      I train pretty hard and vigorous (atleast I think I do)

To get my endurance so high, I just did a lot of roadwork...I would sprint up every hill I had saw....I would run up and down them backwards sidestep up hills...Sprint up 100s of stairs...Do it all.....Run 10 miles...

Now I have gotten my conditioning so good, I can last a good while before tiring.....

I like to move a lot so endurance is what I need, so I wont tire.

Comment

Working...
                      X