Collapse
No announcement yet.

backyard sparring? (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give up, dont bother you aint nothin special...

Comment

Originally posted by *2TOUGH* View Post
      lol. all i have to say.

Comment

work harder, join a gym, and improve... what your are doing now is better than nothing

Comment

Pretty good overall.

Black wins all 3.

Quick notes

Blue
          - getting tired towards the end (despite the low intensity), needs better stamina
          - should of changed up tactic, kept trudging forward, all counter, hardly threw a jab, heavy feet
          - decent defence

Black
          - looked in trouble the few times bluey came forward and threw a few punches, technique went to **** and just hoped.
          - controlled the fight

Both
          - not a lot of lateral movement. black could of dominated more if he came in on his jab then got out quicker.
          - generally a bit slow (exspecially in footwork and movement) but i guess thats to be expected in that situation.

I'm 'self tought' myself, far from perfect (both knowledge and technique) but have sparred with quite a few others that havn't been trained, and technique wise your definetly better than most of them, nothing at all obviosuly wrong with styles etc. just need to kick it up a notch.

Big ass 17 year olds...

When did they introduce the special requirment?

Comment

Joining a gym will help a lot. The technique should improve along with the way you guys throw punches. But for not ever being in a boxing gym the black head gear guy wasn't bad at all. Also start doing cardio. Running, jump rope, swimming, biking, ect. Whatever to build endurance. In amateur fights it's action packed a lot of punches thrown fast paced. That's why the endurance training is necessary.

Comment

I'd leave sparring to be supervised by a professional, reason being is that you'll only get used to bad habits and if no one is there to correct them it'll be very hard to break them,

your brother doesn't look in shape to be 185lbs so maybe more road work and cardio is what he should stick to until a gym and coach become available, I focused solely on the black head geared boxer, and from what I could see is that he was too flat footed, and his defense is lacking, such as head movement and foot work, his opposite hand dropped a few times when throwing, causing an opening for a counter.

My advice is, stick with boxing by all means, but sparring isn't necessary until a coach is there to guide you, until then, jump rope, shadow box a bit, work on head movement and slipping, and hit the bags a bit too, make sure hands are properly wrapped too, to avoid any hand injuries,

Keep up the good work and find a gym to join asap. it's way more fun and there's a lot more to learn. good luck fellas

Comment

Both were pretty decent, I would say both probably gotta box more on their toes. But for no experience your brother ( black) is pretty impressive.

Comment

what do you mean you aint i agree those two are not seasoned veterans as you can clearly see they are amateurs but with some basics starter routines and conditioning stints they will improve okay so dont worry if they aint as they can improve

Comment

30-27 for your brother TS, it was fun to watch they as you said obviously both can work on somethings get your bro into a gym and see what he can learn and what a trainer can do with him.

Comment

Nah your the special one

Comment

Working...
                      X