Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Kell Brook: “There are positives and negatives.”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Kell Brook: “There are positives and negatives.”

Sheffield’s Kell Brook (146¾lb) survived some rocky moments to register a win over Carson Jones (146½lb) at his home city’s Motorpoint Arena on Saturday night. Brook, now 28-0 (18), started well only for a broken nose – and some sluggish footwork once the fight went beyond the sixth – to impact on his boxing, giving Jones, 34-9-2 (24), the chance to punch his way back into the fight during its second half.

[Click Here To Read More]

It was a tough fight against a tough contender & Brook won. Jones isn't a bum. He ain't hall of fame either but Brook passed a tough test. I think Saldivia would be an easier bout.

it did sound like Hearn wasn't too happy with Brooks preparation though. If that's the case, let this be a lesson for him then.

Jones, on the other hand, deserves a big fight based on that showing. Just loved the way he kept coming forward...

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      It was a tough fight against a tough contender & Brook won. Jones isn't a bum. He ain't hall of fame either but Brook passed a tough test. I think Saldivia would be an easier bout.

it did sound like Hearn wasn't too happy with Brooks preparation though. If that's the case, let this be a lesson for him then.

Jones, on the other hand, deserves a big fight based on that showing. Just loved the way he kept coming forward...
      jones isnt a contender. brook is a contender. jones isnt even really a gatekeeper. maybe u were misinformed, but thems the facts. carson jones isnt that good. hearn didnt pick him so that he could be a test, he picked him so brook could look dominant in front of his home crowd. and its clear from the interview he wasnt as impressed.

Comment

Every fighter has that fight that tests their character in the ring. Brook passed the test.

Let's see how he responds to this from here. I think his confidence seemed a bit dented.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Every fighter has that fight that tests their character in the ring. Brook passed the test.

Let's see how he responds to this from here. I think his confidence seemed a bit dented.
          Have you seen the Ifilmlondon vid with Hearn? He basically says his preparation was not 100% and he struggled with the weight. If the weight part is to be believed then he needs to hire a conditioner because he can not afford to gas like that against better opposition. The broken nose did not help and the body shots slowed him down, i'm just glad he showed his heart and battled through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
            Have you seen the Ifilmlondon vid with Hearn? He basically says his preparation was not 100% and he struggled with the weight. If the weight part is to be believed then he needs to hire a conditioner because he can not afford to gas like that against better opposition. The broken nose did not help and the body shots slowed him down, i'm just glad he showed his heart and battled through it.
            No, I haven't seen that. I'll look out for it. I quite like those interviews.

Yeah, it seemed Brook was hinting at that in the interview and Johnny Nelson was talking about it too in the studio and he's friends with Brook.

I think his defence is a problem. He seemed too hittable at times.

But yeah I agree, he passed the test in the heart catergory, he dug deep and got through it and I thought he definitely won the fight. Was quite shocked when one judge had it a draw.

But, how far can Brook go? I'm really not sure at the moment.

Comment

Brook needs to keep calm and not go for broke every time he buzzes somebody. Probably his biggest issue was that he slowed down late. If he had kept fighting at the same pace it wouldn't have been even close. Just work on your stamina. Which is easier said than done.

Comment

excellent test for a youngster coming up. if Jones was a harder puncher, it would have ended differently. u guys think he's ready for Alexander? (cuz Bailey isn't gonna win that fight)
                Last edited by jackson99; 07-08-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X