Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quillin Sees Several Good Reasons To Make Andy Lee Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quillin Sees Several Good Reasons To Make Andy Lee Bout

Three of the best middleweights in the world – Sergio Martinez, Matthew Macklin and Andy Lee – took center stage for Wednesday’s press conference in New York City to promote their March 17 HBO-televised show at The Theatre in Madison Square Garden.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good fight this man .Hope Lee takes it if it goes ahead

Comment

Andy Lee wants no part of Kid Chocolate. Would be great if this fight happened though.

Comment

From what I heard, rumors are circulating that we turned down the fight (with Lee),” Quillin speculated of his name wrongfully being dragged through the mud. “I wanted to make sure my name was cleared (of rejecting such a fight). My going to the press conference was showing that I’m here. The two sides are talking; let’s hope something can be made.
        Turning down a fight because you think you're not getting enough money is still turning down a fight. What was Steve Kim talking about when he said "Got a call from Peter Quillin, he says he absolutely wants Andy Lee on March 17. Just wants a fair deal" then? Dan Rafael also said the fight was off the table because of money issues.

That being said, I hope they work it out. If Dibella can't afford someone like Quillin, I can just imagine what crap opponent he has lined up for Lee. I better not see an announcement that Lee is fighting Lorenzo.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-15-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Turning down a fight because you think you're not getting enough money is still turning down a fight. What the hell was Steve Kim talking about when he said "Got a call from Peter Quillin, he says he absolutely wants Andy Lee on March 17. Just wants a fair deal" then? Dan Rafael also said it was a money issue.

That be being said, I hope they work it out. I hope to god it isn't Lorenzo.

exactly. . quillin thinks he's worth more than he is. . . if he is willing to accept the cut that he deserves, then lee will make the fight. .

even though quillin is from NYC, nobody there knows about him. . Lee would be responsible for at least 75% of the tickets sold, and the viewers on HBO. . .

Oh yeah, his stoppage over Mcewan was one of the absolute worst stoppages ive seen in recent memory. . . watch it if u don't believe me, or didn't see it. .

Comment

Can't wait till Quillin beats Lee, if it happens. I'll be upset if it doesn't.

Martinez vs. Macklin
            Quillin vs. Lee

A good night of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              exactly. . quillin thinks he's worth more than he is. . . if he is willing to accept the cut that he deserves, then lee will make the fight. .

even though quillin is from NYC, nobody there knows about him. . Lee would be responsible for at least 75% of the tickets sold, and the viewers on HBO. . .

Oh yeah, his stoppage over Mcewan was one of the absolute worst stoppages ive seen in recent memory. . . watch it if u don't believe me, or didn't see it. .
              It was a bad stoppage. I agree but either way, Quillin was winning every round and landing some big shots. Had it gone at that pace he would have KO'd Craig anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                eh, calling it "one of the absolute worst stoppages" is a stretch. While I agree it could have kept on going, Quillin landed 3 brutal shots and I can sort of see why the ref played it safe and stopped it. From what I remember Mcewan didn't win any rounds and he looked mostly done to me anyway. There was no pop left in his punches.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-15-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  eh, calling it "one of the absolute worst stoppages" is a stretch. While I agree it could have kept on going, Quillin landed 3 brutal shots and I can sort of see why the ref played it safe and stopped it. From what I remember Mcewan didn't win any rounds and he looked mostly done to me anyway. There was no pop left in his punches.

he landed those three clean shots, but mcewan was still completely, 100% lucid. . he clenched up and the ref waived it off and jumped it between them AFTER mcewan clenched up?!

mcewan hadn't won any rounds, but quillin wasn't exactly "blowing him out" either. . he was just landing the cleaner, harder shots of the two. . . he didn't buckle mcewan, or COME CLOSE to hurting him. . mcewan was snapping and popping quillin's head back as well, and coming forward, but it's just he's not nearly as hard of a puncher as quillin. . .

HORRIBLE stoppage, and definitely one of the worst ive seen in recent memory. . .

Comment

go to 11:35. . . and TELL ME mcewan wasn't 100% lucid and clenched up. . . and watch the entire fight if you want to see how close some of the rounds were. . . the only thing separating the two was quillin's harder punches. . mcewan was landing basically just as many punches. . maybe a few less. .

the reason he stopped the fight so soon was because quillin was the one who oscar "wanted to win", and the referee clearly knew it. . . he was the undefeated prospect, and mcewan was the opponent. . . it's nothing new to boxing. . not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last. . although i can't remember such a bad stoppage in the past few years. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X