Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but ISIS are no different to anyone who is religious.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're just going through a stage we all went through at your age.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      You're just going through a stage we all went through at your age.
      My parents took me to church and Sunday school every week.

By the time I was 4 I knew it was bull**** like Santa and the Easter bunny.

Didn't make sense.

Not everyone is as switched on as me tho and will follow their religion to its bitter end.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Yea, religion can be seriously damaging, but im saying thats not the case for the majority of religious people.

Its clear most religious people dont follow their holy books that strictly. Therefore they arent like members of ISIS at all.
        So why wasn't Islamic fundamentalism such a big problem 30-40-50 years ago ?

Is it a new religion ?

If it's just the different religious beliefs then the same issues wood I carry through history.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          So why wasn't Islamic fundamentalism such a big problem 30-40-50 years ago ?
          It was a pretty big problem during WW1 when muslims killed 1.5 million Armenians, 750k Assyrians and 250k Greeks in the Ottoman empire just because they were christians.

Of course that was before they flooded into the western world, and before modern technology allowed muzlims to press a button and blow themselves up in a crowd of people.

If it's just the different religious beliefs then the same issues wood I carry through history.
          What? You're on a roll today.

Comment

The CIA director ain't losin' sleep over the Amish

Comment

Ok so you believe all that compete bull**** but it wouldn't happen ?

every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 & Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9). This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person.

Is that all true or not ?
              I notice you can quote NOTHING from the Gospels (Mark, Luke, John, Matthew), or even the writings of Paul, that can support your agenda.

I believe the truest representation to God's nature is represented by Jesus Christ, His Son. Prophets and other holy men could have the general idea about things, but have had the original intent skewed by their flawed minds, which is part of the reason God's son had to be sent. I believe that God can only influence a prophet as far as his mind will bend, because of free will considerations. Its a limitation God places on Himself to preserve free will of men. These comparatively unenlightened men of the old testament lived in very barbaric times, they would not have the malleable minds and moral practice of a 21st century man. Their practices were rife with polygamy, murder, and paganistically influenced practice. Even Paul in the New Testament, a moral giant of his time, did not realize slavery was wrong until some way into his writings, and that realization by him was quite an epiphany, for that day. Their impression of God's nature would be directly influenced by their own psyche, which was shaped by those times.

For instance, it is written that man worshiped every stone and every tree in the high places. Man was worshiping, and sacrificing, to idols. To wean man off of this practice, God had them all start sacrificing to HIM. But David relates: The Lord does not delight in sacrifices, he delights in faith. So, God had them all sacrifice to him, then he abolished sacrificing altogether by sacrificing his son. Was this to appease Him? I don't really think so. I think it was to wean man off of that barbaric practice, as well as share His true nature with man.

Judges was rife with sinful acts and misdeeds. This does not mean that a loving God approved. Nowhere does it say such in Judges. Much of your examples are commentaries on the barbarity of the times. On the very depravity that humanity was mired in. Its an account of not only man's developing relationship with God, but a commentary on man's development, period.

People think things are bad now, as far as humanity goes on a moral scale, but I would contend that before it was far, far worse. Although ISIS is currently trying to give people a different impression! But things were more widespread than a fundamentalist evil organization. It was rampant, and it was complete.

You think a video makes you a critical thinker? The story the bible tells me, overall, is one of God trying to get man to EVOLVE out of his barbaric ways, without infringing on his free will, and to become more like Him, as has been outlined and detailed by the example of Jesus Christ. Again, Jesus Christ is the closest representation to God's nature in the entire bible. Anything that flies in the face of that, I filter through Jesus's true vision of a loving God. I think man is guilty of vilifying a loving God, even in his own religious texts. The guy in Judges that sacrificed his daughter did so because he talked himself into it, God did not tell him to.

As for disease, natural disaster, and etc, I think the collective sin of a people has inherent power to shape our world. Just like a massive prayer of thousands has great power, the collective sin of a nation, and a world, does also. Sin is basically separation from God, one who sins CAN ask for God's grace but NOT His favor. Grace is freely given, but favor is fostered by faith and affinity with God's nature. The human race is directly responsible for all that befalls it. We were given dominion and free will.

Comment

Does a 3 mth old who does from cancer burn in hell for all eternity or not ?

What about gays can they marry ?

And most important of you all had u been born in Northern Pakistan what religion would you be ?
                Not. There are several references to how God cherishes children above all else.

All is forgivable save for blasphemy of the holy spirit. If a gay can find their way to belief and faith (even though, admittedly, being gay is a formidable hurdle to developing faith I would say), then God will welcome them. So say the Gospels.

Well, the message of Jesus in the Gospels is what resonated with me and caused me to step out in faith. If the texts of Pakistan do not have the same thing, then they would not resonate.

You claim to be the critical thinker, yet I do believe I have you on that score. Just because I have faith, doesn't mean I don't critically think, and just because you don't, doesn't mean you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  I notice you can quote NOTHING from the Gospels (Mark, Luke, John, Matthew), or even the writings of Paul, that can support your agenda.

I believe the truest representation to God's nature is represented by Jesus Christ, His Son. Prophets and other holy men could have the general idea about things, but have had the original intent skewed by their flawed minds, which is part of the reason God's son had to be sent. I believe that God can only influence a prophet as far as his mind will bend, because of free will considerations. Its a limitation God places on Himself to preserve free will of men. These comparatively unenlightened men of the old testament lived in very barbaric times, they would not have the malleable minds and moral practice of a 21st century man. Their practices were rife with polygamy, murder, and paganistically influenced practice. Even Paul in the New Testament, a moral giant of his time, did not realize slavery was wrong until some way into his writings, and that realization by him was quite an epiphany, for that day. Their impression of God's nature would be directly influenced by their own psyche, which was shaped by those times.

For instance, it is written that man worshiped every stone and every tree in the high places. Man was worshiping, and sacrificing, to idols. To wean man off of this practice, God had them all start sacrificing to HIM. But David relates: The Lord does not delight in sacrifices, he delights in faith. So, God had them all sacrifice to him, then he abolished sacrificing altogether by sacrificing his son. Was this to appease Him? I don't really think so. I think it was to wean man off of that barbaric practice, as well as share His true nature with man.

Judges was rife with sinful acts and misdeeds. This does not mean that a loving God approved. Nowhere does it say such in Judges. Much of your examples are commentaries on the barbarity of the times. On the very depravity that humanity was mired in. Its an account of not only man's developing relationship with God, but a commentary on man's development, period.

People think things are bad now, as far as humanity goes on a moral scale, but I would contend that before it was far, far worse. Although ISIS is currently trying to give people a different impression! But things were more widespread than a fundamentalist evil organization. It was rampant, and it was complete.

You think a video makes you a critical thinker? The story the bible tells me, overall, is one of God trying to get man to EVOLVE out of his barbaric ways, without infringing on his free will, and to become more like Him, as has been outlined and detailed by the example of Jesus Christ. Again, Jesus Christ is the closest representation to God's nature in the entire bible. Anything that flies in the face of that, I filter through Jesus's true vision of a loving God. I think man is guilty of vilifying a loving God, even in his own religious texts. The guy in Judges that sacrificed his daughter did so because he talked himself into it, God did not tell him to.

As for disease, natural disaster, and etc, I think the collective sin of a people has inherent power to shape our world. Just like a massive prayer of thousands has great power, the collective sin of a nation, and a world, does also. Sin is basically separation from God, one who sins CAN ask for God's grace but NOT His favor. Grace is freely given, but favor is fostered by faith and affinity with God's nature. The human race is directly responsible for all that befalls it. We were given dominion and free will.
                  I didn't quote anything from Harry Potter or Game of Thrones either.

Just as much nonsense but more entertaining.

The fact is if someone like you was born in the Middle East you'd be in ISIS right now.

Or did you research all the religions thoroughly and choose the right one ?

Comment

The fact is if someone like you was born in the Middle East you'd be in ISIS right now.

You don't understand.

I lose patience.

Comment

I am waiting on them to make a series based on the old testament of the Bible. If made with the same quality as GOT, it should rake in big bucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X