No announcement yet.

I need some advise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advise

I recently joined a gym, a health club not a boxing gym....
    My goal was to put on a few pounds of muscle, not too much, but i havent worked out and i havent really done much physical activity for nearly 2 years.
    So every member of the gym is required to do a session of physical testing, e.g cardio endurance, muscular endurance, strenghth etc...
    I cannot describe in words how terrible i was for the endurance part of the testing and the coach recommended some personal training sessions..
    I've never had a personal trainer, and i dont know of anyone close to me that has, but the price was ridiculously high, it was about $25 a month for a full year in addition to what im already paying for the membership and its only for about 6-8 sessions but they said it really helps. So what i would like to know from you guys is if its worth it. I highly doubt that 6 or 8 personal training sessions would be enough to whip anyone into shape, but I have no clue. I'm also re thinking putting on some muscle mass becuse i dont want to increase my bodyfat %. If there is a way I could reduce my body fat, and add some weight of muscle, i would be very interested to know, and also some feedback on the training sessions would be appreciated

You only need a person training if your doing a sport. Its useful to have a personal trainer for boxing.

if its just to get fit then read a fitness magazine so you know what your doing.

Gyms are in it for the money, dont get a personal training just because they suggest it. I work in sales and i'd say anything to sell my product.

Comment

if u got some fat on you (over 20lbs) i recommend you eat less and try to loose it first. You would be surprised how those 20 lbs will help your endurance. Muscle will come naturally as you work out so im not saying that is your problem but if it is, concentrate on loosing the fat.

Comment

So I shouldnt get the personal training sessions?
        i have way more than 20 pounds on fat on me, more like 40, i think my bodyfat percentage is around 24%

Comment

Originally posted by rice89
          i have way more than 20 pounds on fat on me, more like 40, i think my bodyfat percentage is around 24%
          I wouldnt but i know exactly how to train my body.

If your unsure what exercises to do and can afford it, get a personal trainer. But personally i'd get a fitness magazine(mensfitness) and learn myself.

Eat less and do light exercise at first, continue to increase the intensity of your work out as you feel ready.

Make sure you eat less energy than you burn, the average man burns 2500Kcals per day so you should eat a maximum of 2000 if you want to lose weight.

Comment

well idont really wanna lose weight, i actually wanna gain some but lower my body fat %

Comment

well idont really wanna lose weight, i actually wanna gain some but lower my body fat %
              I'm able to lose body fat and gain muscle at the same time when i cut my Kcal intake. As long as you do the right exercise and eat the correct ammount/type of food.

Theres a thread about the ECA stack called Burning Fat?, thats the easier way of losing body fat, it will also help with your training. Just be careful using drug combinations and DONT use more than advised.
              Last edited by elveiel; 10-24-2004, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Count all your calories man, even though u wanna gain muscle weight and loose the fat at the same time, it would be an easier job for you to loose the weight, increasing your endurance at the same time , Seeing exactly what u got to work with, THAN working on your muscles right away, adding additional weight and really having a hard time with ur endurance.

Here are a few tidbits of info that really helped me loose weight.

calorie = energy (any extra calories you dont use a day will be stored as fat)

An active male burns approximately 2000 calories a day.

3500 calories = 1 pound of fat, Therefore say if you ate about 1000 calories worth of food each day, you would loose 1 pound in a little over 3 days without any additional work! If you started to excersize like jog or something like that you could loose 1 pound in 3 days or less and easily loose 10 lbs or more a month!

Comment

Eat less and do more cardio! Also try to spread out your meals so you eat less in total even though you eat more often.

Comment

i have no problem losing weight, i've lost around 8 pounds since i started the topic, but i always feel like im losing muscle mass. everytime i lose weight it shows from my upper body and my neck but my mid section remains the same

Comment

Working...
                    X