Body Conditioning, Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Conditioning, Help

Hi,

I was sparring with a dude today (just body sparring) who was way taller and bigger and stronger than me.

I was mixing it up, moving side to side, and hitting him in his body.

I was doing pretty well and then suddenly he hit me with a huge body shot.

I felt it immediatly and my breath just went for a split second but a tough it out but after that I could not throw any decent power shots.

I weigh out 133 lbs, decent build but I want to improve on my body conditioning.

I run like once a week between 3-4 miles, i feel I can run more but I work and get really lazy.

What can I do to improve my conditioning overall.

Thanks

It sounds more like you need to better condition yourself for body shots than your overall condition, judging solely on the experience you just stated. To do that, multiple kinds of abdominal and core exercises can help you strengthen your core. One exercise I also do, is have someone stand over me while I'm lying down and repeatedly hit me with a medicine ball on my abs and obliques. This helps with adapting to the pain and practicing to breathe while absorbing shots.

Comment

Do more sit ups. Then implement this to your training.

Not exactly that. Like the hanging upside down **** but you get the idea. Right? Kameda is even smaller than you, so you don't have to get psyched out by the idea of getting a big body like if I put a WW video up.

Comment

Working...
      X