No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gracious Daud Yordan Aims For The Best, With Class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gracious Daud Yordan Aims For The Best, With Class

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It all depends on what you like.

If you’re a fan of arrogant chest-thumpers who aren’t bashful about calling out foes and claiming lofty places on the world stage, you’re probably better off forgetting Daud Yordan.

Because, while the 25-year-old Indonesian surely has the chops to warrant a spot among the world’s best featherweights, it’d be a cold day in hell before he’d say it all himself.

“I like to think I fight like my boxing idol Miguel Cotto, who is a warrior always attacking in the ring and a gentleman outside the ring.

“They are all great fighters and any fighters can win on any given day. I am not an arrogant person. I cannot say I’m the best. All I can do is train as hard as I can and put on the best performance I can and then the fans can judge who is the best.

“There are many great champions, I respect them all.”

Not exactly the stuff of Mayweather and Broner, right?

Yordan joined the championship fraternity himself on May 5 in Singapore, where he rose from a first-round knockdown to score two of his own in the second en route to a quick stoppage of previously unbeaten Lorenzo Villanueva for the vacant IBO title belt at 126 pounds. [Click Here To Read More]

I saw him vs Caballero & he took a savage beating that should have stopped...he has a punch w/no defense...not championship material...

Comment

I know Guerrero didn't want any more,which is why he quit. No way the Ghost would give Yordan a rematch. Guerrero was lucky he got a cut.

Comment

Supposedly Yordan was the fighter that was to replace Chris John(once John either lost the title or retired)as Indonesia's main fighter, but that was taken off the chalk board after Celestino"Pelechín"Caballero toyed & pummeled him for 12 rounds..Yordan is tough & game but doesn't have(or at least hasn't shown)the skills John has..

Comment

Boxing is the wrong sport to be humble in. That guy is never getting any fans with that attittude.

This is the one sport where swag and confidence mean the most. The one sport where winning equates to how much you believe in yourself.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-04-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            Boxing is the wrong sport to be humble in. That guy is never getting any fans with that attittude.

This is the one sport where swag and confidence mean the most. The one sport where winning equates to how much you believe in yourself.

Way to fit the stereotype.

Comment

Working...
            X