No announcement yet.

Cubans national team back training at my gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubans national team back training at my gym

Here for three weeks to train for the world championship, seems to be same type of training, they line up and get given a small motivation speech and run down of the training, then warm-ups of choice, few rounds of shadow boxing, about 6 rounds of light sparring changing partners (Ecuadorian provincial team as well).They train here in Quito for the altitude.
    Emilio Correa (middleweight again looked the most intense and his sparring harder than the rest, that was the most entertaining to watch), then about 5 rounds bag work and exercises at the end. Pretty cool to watch, I wish I trained more with the Ecuadorian team, could have got the possibly to do some light sparring. I will bring the camera next time. The Ecuadorians really benefit from having the Cubans here but the state of boxng is a bit sad mainly because it is a poor country. Had a chat to one of the trainers as well who I thought was Maikro Romero (gold 96, bronze 2000) but wasnīt so I felt a bit stupid but he was pretty friendly. By the way, they arenīt screaming at the fighters or harsh on the discipline either, but definitely keep an eagle eye on them.
    By the way I own a backpacker hostel here in Quito so if anyone wants to have a holiday and train at the same time at altitude (under a similiar training style to the Cubans) pm me.

wow its cool you saw correa. Me and my friend are big fans of him, hope he wins the world championship then escapes and turns pro lol

can you talk to the cuban boxers?

Comment

Get some videos of their training up. Would be interesting to watch.

Comment

wow that sounds awesome

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
          wow its cool you saw correa. Me and my friend are big fans of him, hope he wins the world championship then escapes and turns pro lol

can you talk to the cuban boxers?
          Yeah I can talk to them but havent yet dont really wanna disturb their training.

Comment

fckin awsome!!!!!!

world championship tournament?!?!?!

ringside?!?

Comment

Yo its a account on youtube that shows the Cubans training in Ecuador. Is that you? here is the videos. I want to train with them Cubans so bad.

Check out the tire with the gloves on it lol. Need one of those here

Comment

Theres no other country like it.

Comment

Yes I posted those videos, that was the Cuban Olympic team that came before the Beijing Olympics. A few new faces now though.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
                    Yo its a account on youtube that shows the Cubans training in Ecuador. Is that you? here is the videos. I want to train with them Cubans so bad.

Check out the tire with the gloves on it lol. Need one of those here
                    lol, thats gangsta.

wish I had the chance to see and talk to them.

sure can learn a few tips and tricks from them.

Comment

Working...
                    X