Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may have to pull out of fight. How should I break it to my coach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have to pull out of fight. How should I break it to my coach?

Long story short, I am having some financial constraints and my family needs help right now with my grandmother who is in pretty bad shape (she had two emergency room visits over the past week). I have to step up and help my grandmother.

I am thinking that it may be best if I pull out of the fight now and tell my coach ahead of time since I have 4 more weeks left until the bout.

The combination of financial constraints and the health of my grandmother are two very big forms of stress. I hope my coach understands. We have a great relationship. He is really looking forward to cornering my first fight.

Part of me wants to do it and then another part of me is saying that I may be trying to chew off more then I can handle with all of the personal stuff going on. What do you guys think?

I think your coach would be more than understanding if you explain the situation. Pull out ASAP before it's too late(1 week before the fight).

Comment

Tell him straight what is going on. Be totally honest. People get upset when they are not told the whole truth.

Comment

Originally posted by OLQA View Post
        Long story short, I am having some financial constraints and my family needs help right now with my grandmother who is in pretty bad shape (she had two emergency room visits over the past week). I have to step up and help my grandmother.

I am thinking that it may be best if I pull out of the fight now and tell my coach ahead of time since I have 4 more weeks left until the bout.

The combination of financial constraints and the health of my grandmother are two very big forms of stress. I hope my coach understands. We have a great relationship. He is really looking forward to cornering my first fight.

Part of me wants to do it and then another part of me is saying that I may be trying to chew off more then I can handle with all of the personal stuff going on. What do you guys think?
        First off, you are right regardless what his response would be. Your life, your health are your business and only yours.

However, explaining the matter is better than keeping things silent and just ignore the coach or let him down on the day of the fight.

Therefore, explain the matter to the coach as fast as possible, do not allow any guilt to come inside you, and move on!

Comment

Originally posted by OLQA View Post

Hello mate,

Having a focus (i.e. your first bout) may actually be a good way to ease some of the stress you are dealing with at present.

Are you certain you are not looking for a way out?

Do you feel ready for your first bout?

I'm a coach and I have heard every excuse you can think of why a lad can't box. I also used to box, and I can remember trying to come up with a valid reason why I couldn't box too on several occasions.

Obviously you are nervous about your first bout (everyone is) and sometimes it's easier to convince yourself you can't do it for some obscure reason than take on the challenge.

I think you want to box, but now the reality has hit home, you are having your doubts. Don't take the easy way out.

Obviously, we don't know how your problems are affecting you. If you genuinely don't believe you can deal with the stress at this time - pull out now while there is still time to find an opponent for the other lad.

Good luck !!!

Comment

DITTO......................................................Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X