No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Wants To Put on a Show With Breidis Prescott

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford Wants To Put on a Show With Breidis Prescott

Terence Crawford cannot wait to start proving he is ready for a significant step up in competition Saturday night in Las Vegas.

Crawford’s confidence became obvious when he took this fight against heavy-handed Breidis Prescott on about 10 days notice and was willing to move up from lightweight to junior welterweight to take it after Khabib Allakhverdiev suffered an elbow injury.

The undefeated prospect from Omaha, Neb., and his handlers respect Prescott’s resume, but an opportunity to compete in an HBO “Boxing After Dark” co-feature was one they felt they couldn’t pass up. It didn’t hurt, either, that Crawford will earn $125,000 for facing Prescott, $110,000 more than he would’ve made for a non-televised, lightweight fight Saturday night against unknown Nigerian Robert Osiobe (14-5-4, 6 KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

Really looking forward to this card tonight. We'll see if Crawford's chin can withstand the punch of a natural, junior welterweight bruiser.

As for Rios/Alvarado, bombs away!

Comment

It doesn't hurt that he's earning $110,000$ more than he would have yeah ya think.

Has there ever been a world champ or anyone significant form Nebraska?

We'll see about Crawford more a puncher than boxer but really not sure what he's got.

Comment

Did I see that right?? Rios v Alvarado is a 10 round fight... That cant be right can it?

Comment

Crawford neutralized Prescott early and frustrated him during the fight. Yes he did get caught with some shots, but he was able to take them on one end, and on the flip side, Prescott never put a good combination on him.

He looked pretty good out there on a short-notice fight...I'd like to see him at another test, preferably at 135.

Comment

ive only seen crawford fight once , tonight and my goodness this man can fight ... righty sweetpea and 2.0.. im a fan

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              ive only seen crawford fight once , tonight and my goodness this man can fight ... righty sweetpea and 2.0.. im a fan
              He reminded me of Whitaker too at times.

He fought 95% of the fight as a Southpaw, he should make that permanent .

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He reminded me of Whitaker too at times.

He fought 95% of the fight as a Southpaw, he should make that permanent .
                fo real , orthdox or southpaw, guy is just exclellent...but i feel the southpaw stunt was too dangerous tho, he got caught with punches ( that would've been avoidable) not swicthing but i guess it was to say " hey look, i can take a punch" stunt...

move over broner , crawford is the best 135....

Comment

Working...
                X