No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Froch and Kessler Misleading The Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Froch and Kessler Misleading The Fans

Andre Ward has told Carl Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn to "pick up the phone" and make him an offer if he wants a rematch in 2013. Ward, the WBA and WBC super middleweight champion, plans to defend his titles again in February or March against Kelly Pavlik. Ward doubts that Froch, the IBF king, or WBA "regular" champ Mikkel Kessler are serious about fighting him.

[Click Here To Read More]

That's what I've been saying. How much money are they willing to pay Ward to travel overseas?

Make him an offer otherwise stop using his name to promote yourselves.

Comment

Froch has made it pretty clear that Kessler is his priority but that he's contracted to a Bute rematch before that. He's mentioned wanting a Ward rematch at some point but I've not heard him claim he wants it as his next fight or that Ward is avoiding him.

Comment

ward is letting all this talk of him being so great get to his head, he's looking past pavlik who is on a roll right now, it could prove costly for ward if he under trains for his upcoming fight

Comment

LOL @ Pavlik being on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            LOL @ Pavlik being on a roll.
            ^this, maybe when Pavlik's on the floor after a hard boozing session he's on a roll.

Comment

I laughed at this interview when it was on air.

Ward was all talking about the UK this, UK that, and then the interviewers asked him if he would fight in the UK and he got all edgy and started boasting about how he is the draw and the champion and he doesn't have to go anywhere.

Usual ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Froch has made it pretty clear that Kessler is his priority but that he's contracted to a Bute rematch before that. He's mentioned wanting a Ward rematch at some point but I've not heard him claim he wants it as his next fight or that Ward is avoiding him.
                Kessler is the one who has claimed Ward is avoiding him, or more specifically, that Ward won't leave his back yard to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                  ^this, maybe when Pavlik's on the floor after a hard boozing session he's on a roll.
                  after pavlik's defeat to martinez, he moved up to 168, he's won all 4 fights in that weight class, 2 by TKO. all this talk buzz about pavlik being washed up is just hate talk, he's just 30 yrs old. yeah, so he's an alcoholic but he's recovering. i'm not saying the opposition he's faced is in ward's level, but don't discredit the man. for the record, i think ward winds this via UD, i'd be surprised if he knocks out pavlik who's never been spark before

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    after pavlik's defeat to martinez, he moved up to 168, he's won all 4 fights in that weight class, 2 by TKO. all this talk buzz about pavlik being washed up is just hate talk, he's just 30 yrs old. yeah, so he's an alcoholic but he's recovering. i'm not saying the opposition he's faced is in ward's level, but don't discredit the man. for the record, i think ward winds this via UD, i'd be surprised if he knocks out pavlik who's never been spark before
                    He won 4 fights against guys who were not anywhere near top contender level, and how is having a 50% KO record against guys like that is supposed to be impressive? When he was at his best at 160 he was very destructive, he was certainly flawed but he could look great against lesser opponents.

He's clearly past it, and anything he has left will be gone after Ward dominates him.

Comment

Working...
                    X