No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayorga Mum on Canelo, Says 'I'll KO Chavez in Three!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayorga Mum on Canelo, Says 'I'll KO Chavez in Three!'

Former world champion Ricardo Mayorga is back in the spotlight. Last seen in March, Mayorga was knocked out in the twelfth round by WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto. For the last few days, Mayorga has been mentioned as a possible opponent for WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on September 17 in Mexico.

[Click Here To Read More]

this is interesting

Comment

Mayorga cherry picking? Never thought I'd see the day.

Comment

This is actually a compliment to Alvarez. The fact that a guy like Mayorga is all but ignoring him seems to suggest that he wants to be in a more winnable fight. In his mind, that would mean the other Mexican contender, Julio Cesar Chavez.

I wouldn't mind either fight, to be truthful. They are both still green enough to get tested by a wily veteran that gives you awkward looks and angles who can bang. Might test their chins once and for all.

I'd agree that he does have a better chance with Chavez, as well. Though, I'd probably be inclined to take either of them over him. Nothing would surprise me, though.

Comment

Mayorga is spent and looking for a payday, but I say if Chavez is going to have a soft touch for his next fight line up Mayorga and at least give Chavez the baptism of fire that is the Mayorga press & PR war so we can see how he handles it.
          Once Martinez gets hold of Chavez its probably game over for the mexican unless Sulaiman can protect him again

Comment

Mayorga would be a good name on either of their resumes.

Comment

don king should hang mayorga upside down for his empty talks...

Comment

Mayorga's mum gonna KO Canelo in 3, I wonder about her son.

Comment

Chavez Jr. is running away from Mayorga. Canelo vs Mayorga will be awesome too. Can't wait for the promotional tour. War Mayorga!

Comment

mayorga has a mother? I thought he was raised by wolves or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X