Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez: I Dominated Ricky Burns, Never Felt His Shots!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gonzalez: I Dominated Ricky Burns, Never Felt His Shots!

José "Chelo" González lost his unbeaten record in Glasgow, Scotland when he injured his hand and couldn't come out for the tenth round Ricky Burns, the lightweight champion of the World Boxing Organization (WBO). Gonzalez (22-1, 17 KOs) appeared to win most of the first seven rounds, but says he hurt his left wrist when he landed a body shot on Burns (36-2, 11 KOs) in the seventh. All three judges had Gonzalez up 87-84 going into the tenth.

[Click Here To Read More]

Then why did you quit? You could have continued and gotten a draw in a worse case scenario, you already had 6 rounds won.

Comment

That's like saying "I was in perfect health till I had a heart attack". Some fighters fight through worse injuries and even win. He gave up when he couldn't knock out Burns.

Comment

This mother****er has the nerve to talk shit?

Comment

Fair enough, he's right.

He dominated the first 7 rounds and in my opinion had a case for a 10-8 in rd 7.

Burns maybe landed 2/3 big shots but Gonz landed like 20, had him stumbling...

But at the end of the day he quit, he was tired and didnt have the heart to carry on.

Burns was lucky, got exposed, he got completely outboxed...

Comment

I dominated him so bad I quit on my stool instead of waiting 3 rounds out

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Even in rds 8 and 9 burns only won by default.

Gonzalez didnt throw anything but burns actually hardly landed anything..

He easily could have done that for another 3 rounds...

Glass heart he quit

Comment

This guy should switch Nationality, in one day he made his country extremely proud and embarrased in just a couple of minutes.

Comment

I had it 6-3 for Gonzo going into the 10th.

Too bad it wasn't a 9 round fight, Gonzalez.

Looked to me that he was fading, and combined with the injury, felt that he was on his way to maybe catching a beating in the later rounds with only one good hand.

Not a good look, bud.

Comment

Gonzales was the greatest Puerto Rican boxer and Tito's replacement for 8 and a half rounds today. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X