No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves vs Anderson II Purse Bid: Frank Warren Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves vs Anderson II Purse Bid: Frank Warren Wins

Frank Warren has won the right to stage the rematch between British super middleweight champion George Groves and mandatory challenger Kenny Anderson. Warren submitted the winning bid yesterday according to the BBBoC’s latest British championship notice, although the venue and date has not been announced.

Groves stopped Anderson in the sixth-round of their November 2010 encounter despite tasting the canvas himself in round three. The 24-year-old has since registered wins over Daniel Adotey Allotey, James DeGale (to win the British 168lb belt), Paul Smith and Francisco Sierra — a fight that took place in California, was televised on U.S. T.V. and earned Groves rave reviews. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think Warren should've been allowed to take part in the purse bids. If you win a purse bid, then fail to set up a fight, you shouldn't get another chance.

Tyson Fury talked a lot of **** about David Price, but when he had him as mandatory challenger he gave up the belts and went in another direction.

Groves has talked a lot about Anderson, but doesn't seem to want the fight. Instead of just vacating, he agrees to the fight and then pulls out with an injury, or his promoter doesn't secure a venue so it gets called off. I guess that they keep hoping that Anderson will give up and pursue someone else but so far that hasn't happened.

I think Groves would probably beat Anderson, but the amount of BS is just pathetic. His career has been a real mess since the DeGale fight, when really it should've been a springboard towards bigger and better things.

Boxing has now become so ridiculous that I look at Fury and think "at least he was decent enough to duck someone in a quick, simple way that didn't hold up either career". Whereas Groves has stalled both his own career and that of Anderson.

I don't know if GG is actually scared, but it's a risky fight and someone (Groves, Warren or Both) clearly wants to avoid it. Hopefully this time they'll finally end up in the ring together, but yet another postponement wouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

anderson wants to box like carson jones did, probably not even jab because his hands are too slow, come inside and go to the body.

Comment

I thought the BBBofC & FW had fallen out over the Haye/Chisora buisness. Hopefully this Groves/Anderson II takes place @ the Royal Albert Hall in October.

Comment

Hopefully Mark Heffron gets a crack at the English middleweight title soon.

Comment

Anderson is getting ko'd again

Comment

Working...
            X