Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter Will Advise Parker To Avoid Steroid Claims on Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Promoter Will Advise Parker To Avoid Steroid Claims on Joshua

David Higgins, promoter for WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker, was shocked to hear that his boxer called IBF, WBA, IBO world champion Anthony Joshua the "king of steroids." On Sunday it was officially announced that Joshua and Parker would collide on March 31, at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.
    [Click Here To Read More]

who would have thought Higgins would be the sense of reason lol. I mean the guy gave you your biggest payday, you had to make an emotional speech like you won an oscar or the lottery and now you want to act like boxing fanboys? Am all for cleaning up the sport and testing randomly but don't start pointing finger when it isn't appropriate. Sure i trust NO boxer but as long as they are tested regularly and they pass their test what else can you say?

Comment

Dave Higgins better be on Parker's side or else Parker will boot his fugly, scrawny, crackhead ass out and get a new promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        who would have thought Higgins would be the sense of reason lol. I mean the guy gave you your biggest payday, you had to make an emotional speech like you won an oscar or the lottery and now you want to act like boxing fanboys? Am all for cleaning up the sport and testing randomly but don't start pointing finger when it isn't appropriate. Sure i trust NO boxer but as long as they are tested regularly and they pass their test what else can you say?
        I think he's smart enough to know that some fighters have sued when other have made those types of allegations - like when Pacquiao sued Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I think he's smart enough to know that some fighters have sued when other have made those types of allegations - like when Pacquiao sued Mayweather.
          Yep this, Parker is opening himself up for a law suit. It's one thing to ask for VADA testing it's another to out right accuse some one of steroid use without any proof.

Parker is trying to get under AJ's skin in the hope he gets reckless like in the Whyte fight but he needs to be careful what he says.

Comment

I can hear the internal dialogue now ‘oh shyte, he’s got a lot more millions than us and if he sues us for libel we’ll end up earning nothing for this ass whoopin, STFU Joe!’

Comment

If it's true that some of the statements said by team Parker have gotten under AJ's skin then he should never even consider fighting Tyson Fury. The Gypsy king would mentally destroy Joshua in a long fight build up. AJ an excellent boxer but behind the mask deep down i think he's a bit of a sensitive Sally

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
                Yep this, Parker is opening himself up for a law suit. It's one thing to ask for VADA testing it's another to out right accuse some one of steroid use without any proof.

Parker is trying to get under AJ's skin in the hope he gets reckless like in the Whyte fight but he needs to be careful what he says.
                I really don't think AJ would think about suing, but maybe his PR team would. And Higgins don't want those millions that they are making going into lawyers hands.

If the guy refuse testing now, then they fine but when he hasn't and you pointing fingers then you leave yourself open to getting sued.

I understand trying to get under someone's skin, but this isn't that at all.

Comment

Once said, it can never be unsaid...

I kinda like the giant juicing, glass chinned robot with the fragile ego narrative!

Comment

That's a slander and Parker could end up losing way more than that extra 5% they been negotiating for months over. AJ has been random tested 24/7 365 days a year since Olympics and never tested positive.. Parker on the other hand missed a test and was given a warning. And to claim no one is muscley naturally means he basically accuses many great fighter now and in history to have taken peds.

By that logic Spence is on peds, Mayweather is on peds, Tyson, Holyfield, Roy Jones were on peds etc.. It's stupid to say people can't look fit naturally. Just because he looks like the king of pies doesn't mean everyone else is cheating, it's a well known fact physical attributes like that are genetic.. Some people just have good genes. That's like a girl who has a flat ass and chest accusing every other girl who has a big booty or big **** to be on peds or to have fake ****. Also PED = Performance Enhancing Drug.. But everyone including AJ's trainer believes his muscley physique is more of a detriment and causing him to gas so it's even sillier to say he's in performance enhancing drugs to reduce his performance.
                    Last edited by NahMean; 01-15-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X