Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Trainer: Anthony Joshua in For a Huge, Rude Awakening!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker's Trainer: Anthony Joshua in For a Huge, Rude Awakening!

Kevin Barry, the head trainer for WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18 KOs) is amused by some of the recent interviews that were conducted by IBF, WBA, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs). A deal is nearly complete and finalized for a Parker vs. Joshua unification, which is being targeted for a date of March 31, likely at Principality in Cardiff.
    [Click Here To Read More]

These people are delusional.

Comment

Nah. Parker might end that KO streak Takam should have though.

Comment

this is like Charles Martin all over again

Comment

Not sure if they are selling this fight or they see something they plan to exploit but they've been talking big as hell lately.

Comment

Joshua is going to ice this dude.. and I want the camera on Kevin barry's face afterwards.. so he look up like "damn what was i thinking"

Comment

This is a fraud fight, not the fight the fans want to see, you know who we want to see!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                These people are delusional.
                Originally posted by A.K View Post
                this is like Charles Martin all over again
                Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Not sure if they are selling this fight or they see something they plan to exploit but they've been talking big as hell lately.
                I think they genuinely believe they can exploit Joshua's chin, and I am sure what they say about Parker's never being down is true.

Here's the thing...that is massively simplifying the situation. If they are banking on hitting a homerun, well that isn't a good way to approach a 12 round fight.

They say Parker has never been down, but has he been in a situation where he is taking a consistent punishment? Sometimes its not about having a solid chin.

I am sure they are doing their homework, and are focused not only on Joshua's weaknesses but his strengths, but they are going to look massively silly if Parker takes a one sided beating, especially if he lands his best punches.

Comment

Barry and Parker better have a better plan than just hoping to land that one big punch otherwise they are the ones in for a rude awakening.

Parker has been taken the distance 4 times out of his last 6 fights and the two guys he stopped to put it politely were C level with terrible chins.

Comment

Don't bottle it and no excuses afterwards. Also don't go into your shell for 10 rounds and look good in the last 2 and try and take that as a victory. Come to fight and leave it in all in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X