Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Daniel "The Miracle Man" Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) is convinced that he will not require a miracle to beat Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs), who holds the WBC, WBA, IBO, IBF middleweight titles. Jacobs believes that he will be the first serious test for Kazakhstan's dangerous puncher when they meet on March 18 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It is to a certain degree, but one thing for sure the punching power is not hype.

Comment

Starting with Proska, Stevens, Macklin, Murray and Lemieux, as his more high profile wins, I don't think any of them were smaller or older men. So I don't think saying they matched him with guys coming to the end or smaller guys in general is right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
        Starting with Proska, Stevens, Macklin, Murray and Lemieux, as his more high profile wins, I don't think any of them were smaller or older men. So I don't think saying they matched him with guys coming to the end or smaller guys in general is right at all.
        It's far from true. It's cool to **** on ggg nowadays. I'm just wondering what the excuses will be after he ko's Jacobs

Comment

Golovkin has the Roy Jones issue, when he was in his prime. Too good for the rest of the guys at his weight. There is a reason why they wont let him go to 168 yet

Comment

Not really. I think Lemeuox could beat Jacobs actually

That's what;s funny

Comment

I disagree with that. He's fought the best guys that were available to him apart from Jacobs himself. Canelo wasn't really going to happen. Saunders won't happen anytime soon after his land performance and some other fighters who were fellow champs like Cotto didn't fancy it.

I don't think his resume is great, it's just that the best guys available and willing to fight were not that great. I don't think there was anything careful about it, just accepting whatever was available.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                It's far from true. It's cool to **** on ggg nowadays. I'm just wondering what the excuses will be after he ko's Jacobs
                Hate to say this because I do admire Jacobs, but it's gonna be cancer isn't it? Plus Pirog,they will throw that one up, despite the fact Golovkin was scheduled to fight him and Pirog pulled out. Wasn't looking to avoid him was he? I guess it's Golovkins fault Pirog retired.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                  Hate to say this because I do admire Jacobs, but it's gonna be cancer isn't it? Plus Pirog,they will throw that one up, despite the fact Golovkin was scheduled to fight him and Pirog pulled out. Wasn't looking to avoid him was he? I guess it's Golovkins fault Pirog retired.
                  Jacobs is going to beat Golovkin. Actually beating cancer should empower ambition and strength, different style to win.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    Not really. I think Lemeuox could beat Jacobs actually

That's what;s funny
                    you are not wrong actually

Comment

Working...
                    X