Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua is a 4/1 Favorite To Win BBC SPOTY Award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua is a 4/1 Favorite To Win BBC SPOTY Award

Anthony Joshua MBE is the 4/1 favourite with William Hill to win the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award. Joshua defended his IBF World Heavyweight title in style on June 25, stopping the brave unbeaten American Dominic Breazeale in the seventh round at The O2 in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's disgusting from the BBC if he ends up winning. I've started to warm to AJ but no way in hell does his sporting achievements deserve this especially if you compare him to last year 4th placed Fury.

Beating Wlad is 10x better than Whyte, Martin and Dominic Breazeale put together. AJ's Dusseldorf moment was in the London Olympics. Until he beats Fury or Wilder he's very undeserving. He has not beat the best in the division.

De Gale has had a better run & they're both in the same sport. Lewis Hamilton ****s on all of them if we're being blunt.

Comment

I wouldn't bet on him, the Olympics will likely produce the SPOTY winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
        This.

Also, if there was no Olympics this year and England had done well in the Euro's, i'd imagine Jamie Vardy would be favourite, but end of the season to December is a long time, especially with a new season starting. Unless he gets off to a flyer in the new season.

But yeah, it's very likely to be an Olympian of some sport.

Comment

Fury was hyping his BBC not long ago. Makes sense he's such a favorite for a BBC award I guess.

How is AlexKid not in this thread already?

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
            That's disgusting from the BBC if he ends up winning. I've started to warm to AJ but no way in hell does his sporting achievements deserve this especially if you compare him to last year 4th placed Fury.

Beating Wlad is 10x better than Whyte, Martin and Dominic Breazeale put together. AJ's Dusseldorf moment was in the London Olympics. Until he beats Fury or Wilder he's very undeserving. He has not beat the best in the division.

De Gale has had a better run & they're both in the same sport. Lewis Hamilton ****s on all of them if we're being blunt.
            I agree. Would be a travesty if he won by basically knocking over a few journeymen.

Comment

****! This reminds me of when Michael Owen won it over Carl Fogerty!!..

Comment

The BBC will pick another BBC.

AJ is nailed on for the award, his hype far outweighs his achievements, he says whatever his PR adviser tells him to say, he is errrr black, and he is not TYson Fury.

He is the perfect coconut candidate.

Comment

After all it is sports personality of the year & no one has more personality then Tyson Fury(rightly or wrongly). However if it was boxing achievement my vote goes to Jamie McDonnell this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                    Is a SPOTY essentially the same thing as an ESPY? If so, who cares. Canelo is nominated for "International Athlete of the Year" as well as "fighter of the year" lol. Hopefully the BBC has higher standards.

Comment

Working...
                    X