No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemiuex's Manager on Why They Took Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lemiuex's Manager on Why They Took Golovkin Fight

New York - Back when David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KO’s) made won his HBO debut against Gabriel Rosado in December of 2014, the questions arose about fighting Gennady Golovkin (33-0, 31 KO’s). Lemieux and his manager Camille Estephan made it clear that once they won a title and an offer was on the table, this fight would be made.

[Click Here To Read More]

Props to Lemiuex and his team for stepping up to the plate. Gotta have respect for a guy like that. He's coming in as a dog but anyone with power like him always has a punchers chance. After seeing their height difference at the press conference, which is more substantial than I originally thought, I see Golovkin keeping Lemiuex at bay with his jab and boxing him for the first few rounds then unleashing the heavy artillery around rd 4 and scoring a KO by 6 or 7 latest. But you never know and that's why we love this sport.

Comment

Props to Lemieux! He could've easily milked his title but decided he wanted to fight the best. I hope this PPV does well, that way...Golovkin will make much more money to where more Middleweights would be willing to face him.

Comment

They want to strike while the iron is hot, even if Lemieux loses (which he most likely will), he's not done and he's still young.

Comment

Lemieux probably banged Manager's niece or some sweetiepie he had his eye on and this is get back.

Comment

props to lemiuex and de la hoya for taking on golovkin in his first title defense.

Comment

I really hope David wins but I find it a slap in the face to make us pay for this fight, especially because this is GGG's first real threat and its still a mild threat at that...This is great on paper but will be Canelo-Kirkland in the ring..

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
                Props to Lemieux! He could've easily milked his title but decided he wanted to fight the best. I hope this PPV does well, that way...Golovkin will make much more money to where more Middleweights would be willing to face him.

Middleweights like who?

Canelo and cotto are most likely gonna fight a rematch.
                Jacobs and Quillin are haymon fighters.
                Andy lee got stopped by chavez, ggg will kill him.

There are no elite middleweights for ggg to fight

Comment

david lemieux is an underdog but every dog has his day

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
                    They want to strike while the iron is hot, even if Lemieux loses (which he most likely will), he's not done and he's still young.
                    I agree. Lemieux has shown he can come back from losses, better than before.
                    So another loss would not end his career and he still has lots of time. So they propably thought **** it, we just try it!

Comment

Working...
                    X