No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios' Coach on Brook Shot: Motherf***er Has To Pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios' Coach on Brook Shot: Motherf***er Has To Pay

Robert Garcia, trainer of former champion Brandon Rios (33-2-1, 24KOs), is not very happy with the money being offered for his fighter to travel to the UK for an August 29th clash with IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook (35-0, 24KOs).

When Garcia recently traveled over to the UK to work the corner of Evgeny Gradovich for his title defense against Lee Selby, he spoke with Brook's promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport.

Garcia says their discussions were "not positive" because Hearn was making an unsatisfactory offer in terms of money.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This interview was from a while ago.

Anyway Rios should take the fight. Take less money but allow to use your MX gloves. Go KO Brooks and put yourself in a position to fight Amir Khan.

Comment

I've got a feeling this one is a non-starter anyway.

Comment

Why does Rios keep getting these world title shots? He gets spanked everytime he gets near world level. Hell even Richar Abril beat him IMO.

Rios ain't world class.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
          This interview was from a while ago.

Anyway Rios should take the fight. Take less money but allow to use your MX gloves. Go KO Brooks and put yourself in a position to fight Amir Khan.
          I watched it this morning. For some reason they only posted that interview today on Fight Hub's channel. Garcia said the UK commission is going to ban the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
            Why does Rios keep getting these world title shots? He gets spanked everytime he gets near world level. Hell even Richar Abril beat him IMO.

Rios ain't world class.
            Well no one disputes that he's world class.
            He keeps getting chances because he's exciting, has plenty of heart, and lays it all out for the fans. As far as getting spanked, he only has 2 loses. One to Pacquiao, and an a competitive fight against Alvarado.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post

Rios ain't world class.
              It is not quite a title shot. It is more of a stay busy fight for the champions Rios fought. The champions knew Rios did not have a shot. Too small for welterweight.

Comment

Negotiating.

Rios has made some nice paydays with Pacquiao etc. so he probably demanded too high an amount whilst Hearn offered too low in comparison.

They'll meet somewhere in the middle and the fight will get done.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I watched it this morning. For some reason they only posted that interview today on Fight Hub's channel. Garcia said the UK commission is going to ban the gloves.
                  I watched it a while ago. A poster here, I think it was Diggler, posted it a few days back.

If the UK commission bans the gloves, then they should pay Rios a bit more.
                  Either way, I think Rios could go to the UK and upset Brook.

Comment

People acting like this is a shit fight, I'm looking forward to it.

Think it will be exciting. Will be interesting to see how Brook holds up against Rios if Rios can get some success.

Comment

Working...
                    X