No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Tabs Golovkin To Beat Canelo, Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Tabs Golovkin To Beat Canelo, Cotto

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. is picking WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs) to beat both of the men he is trying to lure into the ring - WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto and Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

Golovkin recently called out both Cotto and Canelo.

Cotto defends his world title on June 6th against Daniel Geale at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Canelo wants to return on September 12th and the target opponent is Cotto - if he beats Geale. [Click Here To Read More]

ggg don't care, as long as they are smaller than him.

Comment

GGG is the normal height for a MW, but weight wise GGG walked into the ring at 170 last Sat. Canelo consistently walks into the ring weighing more than that so I'm not buying the size factor. GGG is not a huge guy but his punch is..

Comment

My money is on canelo, while cotto gets steam rolled. Canelo doesn't get credit for his head movement but when he focuses on not getting hit he can be elusive. I see canelo getting a decision over ggg using his boxing skills and being a hard enough puncher to keep ggg honest. Canelo is much better than people give him credit for I don't see how anyone can have ggg ahead of him in their p4p rankings

Comment

I agree with him. I'd pick GGG over Canelo and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
            ggg don't care, as long as they are smaller than him.
            So true lol.

Roy seems to think Cotto would do better possibly, I don't know if I think that's the case. Canelo is bigger and I think he can take a better punch, but he sits in the ropes more than Cotto ever did, that's bad news. Both get KO'd it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Cotto has virtually no chance, doubt it happens after Alvarez takes him out but GGG doesn't want 2 get hit vs alvarez as he di in the 4th round of his last bout, he caught 2 many...

Comment

Yes and that's why these fights aren't going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

If either were to ever fight then GGG would correctly be favored.
                  But then Again the favorite doesn't always win. Canelo has been fighting IMO better opposition than GGG. GGG through no fault of his own hasn't exactly been fighting murderers row. Paulie Malinaggi had said something interesting the other day when he talked about Santa Cruz declining saying you could only fight weak opposition so much before you start to fight to the level of that weak opposition. ( see Andre Berto as well )

If they were to fight now or after the Cotto fight GGG would be favored but I'd put my money on the upset.

Comment

Of course he's bigger he's been fighting at MW his entire career.

Comment

Working...
                    X