No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: More Worried About Gilberto Ramirez Than Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale: More Worried About Gilberto Ramirez Than Froch

Olympic gold medal winner James DeGale is back this Saturday night in Liverpool, when he faces Marco Antonio Periban on the Nathan Cleverly vs. Tony Bellew undercard. DeGale is the mandatory challenger to Carl Froch's IBF super middleweight title. Froch appears to have no interest in facing DeGale.

If the world title because vacant, then DeGale would have to face the next contender in line, which is rising Mexican super middleweight Gilberto Ramirez. DeGale is more worried about Ramirez than he is about Froch. He feels the style of Froch is tailor-made for him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He had his chance to beat Groves and he failed so that's that... Froch has no reason to fight this guy other than Froch not wanting to retire and not having a better option...

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      He had his chance to beat Groves and he failed so that's that... Froch has no reason to fight this guy other than Froch not wanting to retire and not having a better option...
      That was in 2010, which was 3 years ago and how exactly does that have slightest bit of relevance to this article or Degale's career at this point? Except of course if we're talking about a rematch between the two.

Degale is the IBF mandatory and Froch has to fight him or vacate.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Olympic gold medal winner James DeGale is back this Saturday night in Liverpool, when he faces Marco Antonio Periban on the Nathan Cleverly vs. Tony Bellew undercard. DeGale is the mandatory challenger to Carl Froch's IBF super middleweight title. Froch appears to have no interest in facing DeGale.

If the world title because vacant, then DeGale would have to face the next contender in line, which is rising Mexican super middleweight Gilberto Ramirez. DeGale is more worried about Ramirez than he is about Froch. He feels the style of Froch is tailor-made for him.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        He should be worried since Gilberto has the ability, skill, and tenacity to KO him. DeGale better hope Froch fights him since a fight against Gilberto is for way less money and after Gilberto sparks him he will be inconsequential again.

Comment

From the very little of seen of this guy, I am not that impressed to be honest. He is a good fighter but I hear people speak volumes of this guy but I cant see it.

I will say I havent seen too much though, but I did watch the highlights of the Groves fight, and Degale looked beat.

I got Gilberto if they do fight.

Comment

Lmao degale is overlooking the **** outta Periban

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
              From the very little of seen of this guy, I am not that impressed to be honest. He is a good fighter but I hear people speak volumes of this guy but I cant see it.

I will say I havent seen too much though, but I did watch the highlights of the Groves fight, and Degale looked beat.

I got Gilberto if they do fight.
              Ramirez is a good fighter from what ive seen (admittedly not much).

Against Zuniga, who gave Degale a tough fight, he looked powerful, composed and defensively responsible.

I think Degale vs Ramirez is a great fight for the future!

Edit: you were talking about Degale. My bad. Check out his most recent fight against Gonzales if you want to see his best performance. Hes a fighter who shows flashes of brilliance and also flashes of complacency. mostly in exciting fights too
              Last edited by Tom Cruise; 11-20-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I can see why.
                Big rangy southpaw with good fundamentals and power in both hands. Ramirez is going to be a problem.

I think he beats both DeGale and Froch right now. He'd snap Groves into a dozen pieces.

Comment

This Ramirez kid has had 30 fights already and who has he really fought? DeGale in 20 fights has been in with far better competition.

Ramirez best opponent seems to have been Zuniga who DeGale pretty much played around with 2 years earlier whilst carrying injuries.

Tall southpaw puncher - seems like some nice attributes to have but why has his competition been so weak? That always raises a red flag

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    This Ramirez kid has had 30 fights already and who has he really fought? DeGale in 20 fights has been in with far better competition.

Ramirez best opponent seems to have been Zuniga who DeGale pretty much played around with 2 years earlier whilst carrying injuries.

Tall southpaw puncher - seems like some nice attributes to have but why has his competition been so weak? That always raises a red flag
                    It probably has something to do with the fact he is only 23. He is stepping it up in 2015 so expect him to take on more accomplished opponents.

Not sure why he is calling out Froch and Degale at this stage though. Maybe just trying to get his name out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X