No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland: No Bigger Option For Dirrell Than Groves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sauerland: No Bigger Option For Dirrell Than Groves

‘Saint’ George Groves (20-2, 15 KOs) returned in style on Saturday night. The Hammersmith boxer announced himself back on the world scene with a unanimous decision verdict over the tough Frenchman Christopher Rebrasse (22-3-3, 6 KOs) in a final eliminator for the WBC World Super Middleweight title.

‘’It feels great to be back,’’ said Groves. ‘’Rebrasse was a good opponent, a very tough guy, he took an awful lot of shots and kept coming. I knew it was going to be a hard fight. I felt in good condition but you always have to be cautious against a guy that has never been stopped. I want to entertain, I want to knock people out. I didn’t manage that tonight but I gave it real good go. Things are only going to get better from here. We’re getting ready to take over the world!’’ [Click Here To Read More]

Groves appears to have major stamina and pacing issues,maybe it is just nerves burning up more energy than your standard world level operator,this may be what distinguishes Groves from becoming an elite level operator.clearly he is a world class boxer,yet he looked poor against a non punching European level guy who most certainly did not deserve to be competing in a title eliminator.

Groves was wildly inaccurate with his hooks,leaving himself open to huge counters,something the Frenchman hadnt in his armoury.Dirrell has just gone through two extremely difficult fights,an opponent absolutely impossible to look remotely good against,yet looked convincing in the rematch.

The Dog has proven he has durability,conditioning and ring IQ,Groves may find himself in deep waters in the final third of a potential match up.

I don't believe Dirrell nor Groves with a win over Dirrell deserve to be a world champion,as i dont feel Abraham does either.the guys don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Kessler,Ward and Froch.

Comment

Groves fighting stance makes him exert too much energy. That is his biggest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
        Groves appears to have major stamina and pacing issues,maybe it is just nerves burning up more energy than your standard world level operator,this may be what distinguishes Groves from becoming an elite level operator.clearly he is a world class boxer,yet he looked poor against a non punching European level guy who most certainly did not deserve to be competing in a title eliminator.

Groves was wildly inaccurate with his hooks,leaving himself open to huge counters,something the Frenchman hadnt in his armoury.Dirrell has just gone through two extremely difficult fights,an opponent absolutely impossible to look remotely good against,yet looked convincing in the rematch.

The Dog has proven he has durability,conditioning and ring IQ,Groves may find himself in deep waters in the final third of a potential match up.

I don't believe Dirrell nor Groves with a win over Dirrell deserve to be a world champion,as i dont feel Abraham does either.the guys don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Kessler,Ward and Froch.
        agreed 100%

groves hooks against froch were crisp and natural

against the frenchman everything was forced after the first 3 rounds - leading to stamina issues

groves is quite clearly a talented boxer but he need's to work on his conditioning big time

Comment

IMO, Dirrell has an easier time vs Groves than he did w/Bika...good bout outside at the StubHub Center...

Comment

I didn't see much stamina issues in Groves last fight, he threw almost 1000 punches and he wasn't looked like he gassed out at the and, but otherwise he wasn'tthat accurate and he wasn't that convincing at all + his defense was weak or maximum mediocre. I think Dirrell will exploit this.

Comment

Dirrell seems adamant not to go to the UK. Problem for him is he's a complete unknown in America and Groves is a huge name in the UK coming off a historic fight.

Will he go if he's paid for it? Or would he fight for pennies in the states in comparison?

Comment

I would love to see this fight.

50/50 IMO.

Comment

Chavez is a bigger fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Dirrell seems adamant not to go to the UK. Problem for him is he's a complete unknown in America and Groves is a huge name in the UK coming off a historic fight.

Will he go if he's paid for it? Or would he fight for pennies in the states in comparison?
                    I'm not surprised at all that he doesn't wana fightin the UK, after his brother was robbed there once. However I guess if Sauerland will win a pursue or someting the fight will take place in England and Dirrell will go there. But I doubt it. I think they either will have an agreement or Haymon will win the pursue like in the case of Brook-Porter. Sauerland is ain't no Roc Nation they won't offer a ridiculosuly big amount of money for the fight IMO Haymon will win the pursue without breaking a sweat and the fight will be somewhere in USA, maybe in Cali or in the MGM as an udercard for a big event.

Comment

Working...
                    X