No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lebedev's Manager Talks Jones Rematch, Marco Huck II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lebedev's Manager Talks Jones Rematch, Marco Huck II

Last May, former WBA cruiserweight champion Denis Lebedev suffered a severe beating when he faced the "other" WBA cruiserweight champion, Guillermo Jones in Russia. Lebedev's right eye was swollen shut in the first round and he later suffered a cut over his right eye as well. In the eleventh round a crushing shot sent Lebedev face first into the canvas, knocking him out in the process.

[Click Here To Read More]

I always said in the bigger weight divisions European & foreign fighters should come to the states to train. better sparring & more selection of partners & gyms. Europe is pretty small & there are only so many good trainers, gyms & sparring available...

Comment

"The American professional look." I like that, unlike some posters here Lebedev's team appears to have respect for American boxing know-how.

Good luck to him against Jones.

Comment

To the author Lebedev was not sent face first to the canvas and wasn't knocked out. He took a knee because of accumilation got up and was on his feet when the ref waved it off perhaps you should watch a fight you're writing about.

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        I always said in the bigger weight divisions European & foreign fighters should come to the states to train. better sparring & more selection of partners & gyms. Europe is pretty small & there are only so many good trainers, gyms & sparring available...
        Europe is not small and it has a larger talent pool in heavier weight divisions Kornilev specifically says they had good sparring in Russia during the article. At the moment America does not have a single top CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          To the author Lebedev was not sent face first to the canvas and wasn't knocked out. He took a knee because of accumilation got up and was on his feet when the ref waved it off perhaps you should watch a fight you're writing about.

Europe is not small and it has a larger talent pool in heavier weight divisions Kornilev specifically says they had good sparring in Russia during the article. At the moment America does not have a single top CW.
          I agree, Europe literally runs the entire cruiserweight division Wlodarczyk, Lebedev, Huck, Hernandez and Ofalabi from the UK with his IBO belt are the champions. While Hernandez is not a European born he is based and fights in Germany every single fight and is promoted by European giants Sauerland Event.
          Last edited by chocolate; 04-18-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

The best pro trainers are still American.

Comment

Working...
            X