Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If Pacquiao Picks Ruslan, Marquez-Bradley Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: If Pacquiao Picks Ruslan, Marquez-Bradley Possible

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is in the process of finalizing Manny Pacquiao's return, scheduled for April 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The two frontrunners to face him are WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley and WBO 140-pound champ Ruslan Provodnikov.

Pacquiao's decision will affect the plans of his Mexican rival, Juan Manuel Marquez.

Marquez is pushing to get a rematch with Bradley, who won a twelve round split decision over the Mexican star last October. But Bradley is more interested in facing Pacquiao in a rematch. If Pacquiao picks Provodnikov, Arum will attempt to make the rematch between Bradley and Marquez. [Click Here To Read More]

Marquez shouldve retired after pac win on a high note. Useless fite vs Bradley and embarrassed himself all for an alphabet title.

I do hope its Provodnikov for Pacquiao. I get chills just thinking about the possibility.

Comment

THey beter put Marquez vs Bradley on the undercard to make it worth it.

Comment

Marquez afraid of Provodnikov

If Pacquiao picks Bradley, Marquez-Provodnikov should happen.
        Ruslan has been calling out Marquez the last few weeks and Marquez is silent which I feel he is afraid of Provodnikov. He will just come up with an excuse to bail out. That's too bad.

Comment

Looks like PAC will pick Tim just to give Juan a hard time or probably to make him retire for good but PAC should really leave Arum, Bob is terrible!

Comment

Ruslan actually wants Marquez, so I hope Pac picks Bradley

Comment

please make Ruslan vs JMM and Pac vs Bradley 2

Comment

Umm how about no to both?

Is it Top Rank or Top Rematch? How desperate are they?

No one wants to see Bradley wipe out Marquez again. The only reason that fight was a split decision was because one judge was clearly not watching the fight. The fight didn't do great numbers the last time anyway...

Ruslan vs. Pac is a mismatch as well. He was Pacquiao's sparring partner for a reason. Just because he mauled Alvarado doesn't mean he's going to do the same to Pac who is much quicker and a much better boxer.

We should get Pac vs. Bradley 2, and Marquez vs. Ruslan.

But Arum might be getting threatened by Marquez here. Marquez is saying Bradley or retirement, if he doesn't get what he wants Arum loses a potential opponent, and his roster is already thin as it is at WW. Maybe he wants to fulfill Marquez's wish and try to milk him for another Bradley fight.

Comment

Does anybody even want to see Bradley/Marquez again?

Comment

I don't think JMM wants to fight provodnikov at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X