No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Beating Haye Will Mean The World To Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Beating Haye Will Mean The World To Me

Tyson Fury believes he will be rewarded with a sweet victory over David Haye after spending months in an intense training camp in Belgium.

Fury has left his family and friends behind in Britain as he undergoes a rigorous training regime for his heavyweight clash with David Haye, on September 28, live on Sky Box Office.

The 25-year-old has displayed a new-found dedication to the sport under the watchful eye of trainer Peter Fury and has been sharpening his ring skills for the past two months in Essen.

Fury is facing the biggest test of his boxing career, but is confident the long weeks of preparation will ensure he is physically and mentally ready for Haye. [Click Here To Read More]

Just rewatched Fury-Cunningham, and two things impressed me about Fury. From round 3 on, he dodged a lot of punches also threw every punch in the book. Secondly, he was getting stronger as the rounds went on. Cunningham was absolutely exhausted after the 5th round.

If he can do that to Haye, then he has a real chance.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Just rewatched Fury-Cunningham, and two things impressed me about Fury. From round 3 on, he dodged a lot of punches also threw every punch in the book. Secondly, he was getting stronger as the rounds went on. Cunningham was absolutely exhausted after the 5th round.

If he can do that to Haye, then he has a real chance.
      I have been impressed with him since the Chisora win. That win was the one that proved he was more than just a big pug. Fury may not be an ATG but he has proven he belongs in the mix with recent wins over Johnson, Chisora and Cunningham.
      Last edited by Boxing Goat; 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        I have been impressed with him since the Chisora win. That win was the one that proved he was more than just a big pug. Fury may not be an ATG but he has proven he belongs in the mix fight recent wins over Johnson, Chisora and Cunningham.
        Agreed, Fury deserves to be in the mix but I just think Haye is a class above. He has elite power and speed and very fast reflexes for a man of his size. Fury will put up a hell of a fight for as long as it lasts but I don't see it going beyond 8, unless Haye decides to box like he did Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Agreed, Fury deserves to be in the mix but I just think Haye is a class above. He has elite power and speed and very fast reflexes for a man of his size. Fury will put up a hell of a fight for as long as it lasts but I don't see it going beyond 8, unless Haye decides to box like he did Valuev.
          I've gone back and forth on this fight. I just don't know what will happen. Sometimes I think Haye will flat knock him out with a hard counter right but I just don't know. When Fury wanted to be more defensive, he managed to be able to avoid shots. To me, Chisora is a pretty fast heavyweight and if Fury dealt with him in less than great shape, maybe he can do the same with Haye.

We will see. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Comment

Yes you are training hard we all know that. But are you training smart?
            Plus Haye has fought Wlad, that is experience you cant buy really. So Haye will have learnt a lot from even fighting the likes of Wlad and experience counts for quite a lot even if he lost.

But I think Fury will win. When you are the underdog, you do that much more in training. Its not like when haye lost to Carl Thompson, wasn't haye favourite? I think haye wasn't as dedicated when he lost to Thompson
            Last edited by hugh grant; 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Fury does have a chance, but more than likely he gets KO'd by a much faster opponent with great power. He can't afford to make many mistakes this time.

Comment

Like a few posters here, I am in mixed minds about this fight. I've always been a big fan of Haye, and my head says that his speed, power, movement and reflexes is going to give Fury fits and his right hand will end the fight brutally.

Fury has grown on me, both in and out of the ring. He has improved immensely since joining up with his uncle and has shown massive heart and (what is sometimes overlooked) great adaptability in the ring. He is also a decent guy as well, and all his bravado is just to hype up his name and the fight.

I wouldn't begrudge either man a win, I just hope it will be a great fight as I will be there in a couple weeks. The atmosphere is going to be insane!

Comment

Fury does have a chance if he's completely focused and at his best

but he's up against it, Haye by KO is most likely

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
                    Like a few posters here, I am in mixed minds about this fight. I've always been a big fan of Haye, and my head says that his speed, power, movement and reflexes is going to give Fury fits and his right hand will end the fight brutally.

Fury has grown on me, both in and out of the ring. He has improved immensely since joining up with his uncle and has shown massive heart and (what is sometimes overlooked) great adaptability in the ring. He is also a decent guy as well, and all his bravado is just to hype up his name and the fight.

I wouldn't begrudge either man a win, I just hope it will be a great fight as I will be there in a couple weeks. The atmosphere is going to be insane!
                    Great post. Green K, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X