No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: News: Bryant Jennings-Tupou; Katie Taylor Targets Rio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: News: Bryant Jennings-Tupou; Katie Taylor Targets Rio

Philadelphia's Bryant "By By" Jennings (15-0, 7 KO's) will defend his USBA heavyweight title on NBC Sports Network's Fight Night broadcast, when he meets Bowie Tupou of Nukualofa, Tonga (22-2, 16 KO's) on December 8. The 12 round fight will take place at Temple University McGonigle Hall in Philadelphia. The NBCSN broadcast will begin at 9PM ET.

Kathy Duva, Main Events CEO said, "This is a great stylistic match up. Tupou is a big puncher who prefers to brawl. Jennings is a boxer but loves to mix it up. It's the kind of fight that will likely end up in a slugging match where the best chin wins. [Click Here To Read More]

thiis a decent match up...

Comment

Never seen Tupou but I trust the match making of Main Events they have been putting on some decent events lately. I like the track they have put Jennings on. Maybe he will never be the man, but he might get a shot. The end game for this stage of his career must be Adamek at some point?

He could be on that level pretty soon and ME/NBC would be a simple fight to make. if he can beat him he can move along to HBO or something. anyway, hopefully develop into a rugged type heavyweight who will give always give top guys a tough go, maybe pull an upset, and be even money against prospects younger than him. HW's lack those type of guys and just the fact that he's actually in shape and seems like a harder worker will do well for him

Comment

Bowie Topou is a very good opponent for Bryant Jennings at this stage in his career.

Comment

Working...
        X