No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caballero Willing To Fight Jorge Solis, Says DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caballero Willing To Fight Jorge Solis, Says DiBella

WBA super bantamweight champion Celestino Caballero is still looking for some action. He moved up to featherweight to chase the action, but no action has been found. Potential fights against Juan Manuel Lopez and Yuriorkis Gamboa fell through. To land himself a worthy opponent, Caballero's promoter Lou DiBella tells BoxingScene.com that his fighter is willing to move up in weight once again, to 130-pounds, to challenge interim-WBA super featherweight champion Jorge Solis (39-2-2, 28KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

Will 1 of the top featherweights please step up and fight Caballero, so he can put more pressure on the others.

Caballero is showing me some good things and if he went back home to Panama, it means he's been training trying to get better after the Yordan fight.

He's going to sruprise a lot of people if gets the chance to fight 1 of the "top" fighters. I really like Gamboa, but that situation made it clear that he wants no part of Caballero (HBO was supposedly mad at Top Rank because of it). Lopez got exposed last year and demoted to Showtime this year (no offense to them).

Will Chris John step up? Fighting Solis at 130 for a worthless title is a waste of time, he'll only give them an excuse to keep getting frozen out at 126. Fighting Rocky Martinez though... is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      Will 1 of the top featherweights please step up and fight Caballero, so he can put more pressure on the others.

Caballero is showing me some good things and if he went back home to Panama, it means he's been training trying to get better after the Yordan fight.

He's going to sruprise a lot of people if gets the chance to fight 1 of the "top" fighters. I really like Gamboa, but that situation made it clear that he wants no part of Caballero (HBO was supposedly mad at Top Rank because of it). Lopez got exposed last year and demoted to Showtime this year (no offense to them).

Will Chris John step up? Fighting Solis at 130 for a worthless title is a waste of time, he'll only give them an excuse to keep getting frozen out at 126. Fighting Rocky Martinez though... is another story.
      I agree 100% with you Que. I wish HBO would give him some backing and make him and "HBO Darling", then all the $ roads would lead to him, and then they'd have no choice but to fight him.

Comment

I like cabs heart and desire to fight the best. But I question his skills to even hang in there with the big boys. Some call him a "sick body puncher" i here. Because of his last fight. Problem is , if he had any power at all , working the body like he did , wasnt Yordan supposed to be stopped. The kid wasnt even slowed down. His jab and reach won him that fight against an inexperienced kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow 787 View Post
          I like cabs heart and desire to fight the best. But I question his skills to even hang in there with the big boys. Some call him a "sick body puncher" i here. Because of his last fight. Problem is , if he had any power at all , working the body like he did , wasnt Yordan supposed to be stopped. The kid wasnt even slowed down. His jab and reach won him that fight against an inexperienced kid.
          I agree with you he land alot a big% of his punches alot of them to the body but didnt get a k.o. the kid was still there for all 12rds if that was cotto or margo he would been gone by 6th. so i guess high work rate, good skill no power. he to tall for that weight class he need to go up to 130/135. most boxer in the weight he in now are under 5'7
          Last edited by Eladio-Mor; 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Too bad John is scheduled to fight a bum now or else that would be a good fight for Cab. And if Cab won, nobody could claim to be #1 without seeing him.

Comment

Whatever happened to fighting Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                You read my mind brother

Comment

none of those guys in that division are excited about fighting Celestino Caballero

Bob Arum will keep both Yuriorkis Gamboa and Juan Manuel Lopez far away from Caballero as long as him can because Caballero would RUIN Arums little dream match up between Gamboa vs Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    The same thing I was about to post!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X