Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Free Fights, Pugilistic Piracy: Boxing, Broadcasts and Bootlegs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Free Fights, Pugilistic Piracy: Boxing, Broadcasts and Bootlegs

by David P. Greisman - It is the night of Antonio Margarito’s fight against Roberto Garcia. I find an online stream of what is otherwise being shown on pay-per-view for $40.

It is the day after U F C 101. I search on YouTube for video of A nderson Silva’s destruction of Forrest Gri ffin, which was the co-feature bout on a $45 pay-per-view.

It is three years after the pay-per-view rubber match between Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones Jr. I open a package and pull out a DVD I bought online that includes Nate Campbell’s technical knockout of Kid Diamond, a bout from that show’s undercard.

I should feel guilty. All of this is illegal. All of this is increasingly common.

This is the struggle seen in various entertainment industries: How do you make money when the technological evolution has not only made so much information available, but made it available for free? How do you keep from losing money when technology has made it easier for people to bootleg your product instead of buying it? [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    by David P. Greisman - It is the night of Antonio Margarito’s fight against Roberto Garcia. I find an online stream of what is otherwise being shown on pay-per-view for $40.

It is the day after U F C 101. I search on YouTube for video of A nderson Silva’s destruction of Forrest Gri ffin, which was the co-feature bout on a $45 pay-per-view.

It is three years after the pay-per-view rubber match between Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones Jr. I open a package and pull out a DVD I bought online that includes Nate Campbell’s technical knockout of Kid Diamond, a bout from that show’s undercard.

I should feel guilty. All of this is illegal. All of this is increasingly common.

This is the struggle seen in various entertainment industries: How do you make money when the technological evolution has not only made so much information available, but made it available for free? How do you keep from losing money when technology has made it easier for people to bootleg your product instead of buying it? [Click Here To Read More]
    If people keep watching streams Floyd will only be able to afford 5 bodyguards.

Comment

i only would buy a ppv for fighters i like and its better just to get big fights on ppv cuz those links be dropping or get cut off so for big fight legit buying is better

Comment

I can never find live streams on the nights of fights. Am I stoopid?

Comment

I am guilty of pugilistic piracy.....I feel ashamed of myself.....NOT

Comment

That's how I follow the sport, streams and bootlegs.

Long live the internet!

Comment

i am guilty too but then again it would be good for hbo espn,and showtime to put some complilation dvds,best of shobox,best of fnf 2010 or best of boxing after dark.

Comment

after all those bad ppv's u sold me im glad to do it yal try and put everything on ppv jus to make a dollar u disserve it infact jus for that im about to go download a fight so **** U! lol

Comment

It depends on the fight really. I won't pay $40 to see Margarito pound on a journeyman but they can name thier price for Pacquiao vs Mayweather with a solid undercard.

Comment

Them brown tocom boxes were the ****.. Never missed a ppv with that little Brown box. If it's a major major fight that I am interested in Or fave fighters , I don't mind paying to watch or split the price with some friends, but other fights just donwload .tried to watch a stream on the big projection screen and it's not the same , got to worry about refreshing the page or hearing commnetary in a foreign language.those DVDs are the best , especially when there are Lulls in between matches

Comment

Working...
                    X