No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Malignaggi Discussed: Amir Signs With Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan-Malignaggi Discussed: Amir Signs With Golden Boy

The word coming out of England is apparently true. WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan is ready to build his name in America. Promoter Lou DiBella advised BoxingScene.com that he was contacted by Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who advised him that he signed Khan to a promotional contract. Schaefer asked DiBella if he was interested in making a fight between Khan and former 140-pound champion Paulie Malignaggi. [Click Here To Read More]

you can complain that khan ducked maidana but a fight with Malignaggi is an interesting fight aswell

Comment

the guy's khan's team wants to avoid right now are ones that have that one punch power to end a fight. i still think khan's chin is questionable and that will be the case until we see him prove otherwise. he is a skilled boxer who is big and has speed.malinaggi is a good fight for him cause that guy has no power whatsoever. malinaggi couldn't knockout a featherweight.

Comment

i like Amir, but he is definitely a ***** for ducking Maidana. Hopefully Paulie will come with his A+ game and upset him.

I would def pay PPV $ for this fight.

Comment

props to Khan for having the balls to come to America and face tougher opposition and Malignaggi is a tough opponent.....but why the **** are you ducking your mandatory challanger....WHY????? YOu are the ****ing champion, act like it and whoop Maidana's ass......Maidana is an easier fight for you than Malignaggi....Maidanna has a weak chin

Comment

Originally posted by TheStoneRoses View Post
            props to Khan for having the balls to come to America and face tougher opposition and Malignaggi is a tough opponent.....but why the **** are you ducking your mandatory challanger....WHY????? YOu are the ****ing champion, act like it and whoop Maidana's ass......Maidana is an easier fight for you than Malignaggi....Maidanna has a weak chin
            Losing to Paulie is one thing, hes a world champ thats fought Cotto and Hatton. Losing to an almost no-name, fanless guy like Maidana would be catastrophic. Theyre going to play it safe and stick with the talented but feather-fisted Malignaggi.

Comment

Malignaggi is a tough opponent for anyone. He is very very very intelligent and would any elite fighter trouble with his footspeed and his ring generalship.

Amir Khan made a good choice by signing with Golden Boy, and Madison Square Garden would be a perfect place for him to start his American conquest.

I would say Amir will win this by a close decision.

Comment

this ducking is some of the most blatant i have ever seen

Comment

Khan did the right thing IMO he doesnt want it with El Chino

Comment

Good interesting fight, but no way for ppv.regular hbo is just rite for this fight.paulie has what seems to have resurrected his whole approach To boxing since parting ways with mcgirt ,then fighting in paulie's backyard in NYC should be a even matchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X