No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe Says Hatton Should Retire, Not Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe Says Hatton Should Retire, Not Fight

Former super middleweight king Joe Calzaghe has mixed feelings about the ring return of Ricky Hatton. Calzaghe retired a year ago and has no plans to return. He would have liked to see Hatton do the very same thing.

[Click Here To Read More]

I just hope he doesn't expect 10,000 Brits to cross the pond again.

Comment

Hatton should become a Journeymen fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcyani View Post
        I just hope he doesn't expect 10,000 Brits to cross the pond again.
        I just read you sig,lol. Why did Larry x get banned?

Comment

I wouldn't mind Hatton coming back, but if he'd lose to Marquez his legacy would take a BIG hit, and that's the whole problem. If he loses to someone who is not top1, his legacy will be really damaged. Right now he has a beautiful legacy, only lost to the absolute best of the sport. But history wont threat him nice if he loses again, I'm sure.

But then again the problem for him is probably that he only lost to the baddest guys in the sport and he might feel like he is good enough to take everyone else.

If he comes back and beat Marquez, I'd seriously give him mega props. Also if he lost in a war. But if he gets knocked out again, I'd consider him a fool for ever coming back.

Comment

cal is a *****, he fought a couple good fighters and the rest were journymen that are still on the journy, that was his career. hatton fights the elite and came up short a couple times, be it ko's but he can come back. cal on the other hand won't be welcomed back by many in the states.

Comment

Another mis-leading thread title. Calzaghe didn't even say he should retire. Wtf is wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                I wouldn't mind Hatton coming back, but if he'd lose to Marquez his legacy would take a BIG hit, and that's the whole problem. If he loses to someone who is not top1, his legacy will be really damaged. Right now he has a beautiful legacy, only lost to the absolute best of the sport. But history wont threat him nice if he loses again, I'm sure.

But then again the problem for him is probably that he only lost to the baddest guys in the sport and he might feel like he is good enough to take everyone else.

If he comes back and beat Marquez, I'd seriously give him mega props. Also if he lost in a war. But if he gets knocked out again, I'd consider him a fool for ever coming back.
                IDK if JMM should even by fighting at above 135 forget about a "fookin massive" and good JWW. JMM should test the waters against contender level fighters 1st, don't want to see him get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Another mis-leading thread title. Calzaghe didn't even say he should retire. Wtf is wrong with you?
                  Well, to be fair, he said things pretty close like "I would have liked to see Ricky retire". That means he feels he should retire, like the titles says.

Comment

I agree with Mr. Calzaghe

Comment

Working...
                    X