Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Brushes Off Retirement Talk: I'm Young; I Haven't Had Much Damage on Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Brushes Off Retirement Talk: I'm Young; I Haven't Had Much Damage on Me

Deontay Wilder is far from counting down the days to his retirement. The former heavyweight champion from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, insisted in a recent interview that he will remain an active prizefighter for the foreseeable future.
    [Click Here To Read More]

he says he still talks well...mind bobbling

Comment

Since when is 38 young, hadn't great fighters like Lennox, Ali, Tunney, Louis, Charles etc etc all retired by that point...

And you certainly don't talk well, you've never been able to string a coherent sentence together and you consistently waffle for an entirety whilst saying a whole lot of nothing.

And most of your contemporaries at the "top" started late, you're not unique in that regard and I suspect all of them will retire in the next year or at a stretch two.
      Last edited by Boro; 12-07-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Don't care for his weirdo demeanour or quotes, but I'll just be glad if HW boxing continues to have the one guy who's always expected to body his opponents. We don't have that with Fury, Usyk, or even Joshua lately. Zhang and Hrgovic are more technical. Joyce is a pressure slugger. I haven't watched anything of Ajagba – is he a KO artist? Not sure if Jared Anderson has that KO X-factor going for him either.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          Don't care for his weirdo demeanour or quotes, but I'll just be glad if HW boxing continues to have the one guy who's always expected to body his opponents. We don't have that with Fury, Usyk, or even Joshua lately. Zhang and Hrgovic are more technical. Joyce is a pressure slugger. I haven't watched anything of Ajagba – is he a KO artist? Not sure if Jared Anderson has that KO X-factor going for him either.
          his ko ratio against top 10 ranked(ring) figthers is only 33 percent. guys like joshua, fury, etc...are all higher. its usually easy to ko tomato cans and bums but whats strange is that if you do it so much people start to believe quality of opposition doesnt matter

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post
            Since when is 38 young, hadn't great fighters like Lennox, Ali, Tunney, Louis, Charles etc etc all retired by that point...

And you certainly don't talk well, you've never been able to string a coherent sentence together and you consistently waffle for an entirety whilst saying a whole lot of nothing.

And most of your contemporaries at the "top" started late, you're not unique in that regard and I suspect all of them will retire in the next year or at a stretch two.
            Foreman stopped at 48, Hopkins at 51, etc. What are you even saying? Lol.

Most of which contemporaries started late? Wilder was the latest to start at 20, Usyk at 15, Joshua 18, and Fury was born fighting.

Do you make up s*** or are you just off your rocker? Like, wth? lol.

Plick647 Plick647 likes this.

Comment

Father Time don't care if you took a lot of damage or not. When it comes for you that is it.

Comment

Even though Fury beat him half to death, Deontay could still fight a little longer since he mostly relies on his punch. The power is the last thing to go

Plus, the heavyweight division is pretty trash overall

Comment

Originally posted by HENNY View Post
                  Even though Fury beat him half to death, Deontay could still fight a little longer since he mostly relies on his punch. The power is the last thing to go

Plus, the heavyweight division is pretty trash overall
                  The chin is the first.

All that power won't save him when he takes that first wake up shot and remembers what Fury did to him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

his ko ratio against top 10 ranked(ring) figthers is only 33 percent.

Lots of altered variables to come up with that statistics.

It's impossible to come up with that 33% when he only won 1 decision, unless you're gonna pick up a calculator to change all the KO percentages of all the other boxers, past or present, that's alot of work to just make your % pass.
                    Last edited by YGriffith; 12-07-2023, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X