Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoenis Tellez Drops Sergio Garcia Hard, Stops Him in Third Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoenis Tellez Drops Sergio Garcia Hard, Stops Him in Third Round

LAS VEGAS - Yoenis Tellez's gamble paid off Saturday night in the most appropriate place. The 23-year-old junior middleweight prospect knocked out experienced contender Sergio Garcia in the third round of just the sixth professional fight of Tellez's pro career on the Errol Spence Jr.-Terence Crawford undercard at T-Mobile Arena. Tellez (6-0, 5 KOs) knocked Garcia to the canvas to punctuate an unusual sequence that eventually led referee Robert Hoyle to halt their scheduled 10-round fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-29-2023, 07:44 PM.

Such a big win for Tellez. Garcia almost doing a Judah by talking to the ref while sleepwalking

Comment

This Tellez kid is one to watch.

Comment

I could not pick out a single thing negative about Tellez, pure praises to him for being patient, full set of skills. And taking a huge step up in only 5 fights!
        juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Knew Garcia would get wiped out, but I did not expect it to be that quick!

Comment

These younger cubans are a whole different style of fighter than the older cuban fighters. Almost all of them bring the pain and look for the KO
            Last edited by Oldskoolg; 07-29-2023, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Thats a big win for a 5-0 guy. Garcia is an experienced fighter went 12 with fundora and harrison and he just walked through him. This guy could be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
                Thats a big win for a 5-0 guy. Garcia is an experienced fighter went 12 with fundora and harrison and he just walked through him. This guy could be a problem
                I actually thought Garcia did enough to get the W against Fundora, so yeah, big win

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

I actually thought Garcia did enough to get the W against Fundora, so yeah, big win
                  Yeah I remember when he fought ted cheeseman for the European title and he battered him for 12 rounds and I thought yeah Garcia is a pretty good fighter then he performed well against fundora aswell bit unlucky in that fight. So to go in there and demolish him in 3 rounds in you're 6th fight thats a statement
                  juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    These you get cubans are a whole different style of fighter than the older cuban fighters. Almost all of them bring the pain and look for the KO
                    They're defecting younger, they don't leave their best years in the amateurs. They're 8 or 9 Cubans boxers that defected in Dubai, all of them 18 or younger. They learn the craft, get some international experience and jump to the pro's at the right age.

Comment

Working...
                    X