No announcement yet.

Cotto-Gomez Not Done: Money Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto-Gomez Not Done: Money Issues

Moments after breaking the news of WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto defending against Contender star Alfonso Gomez on April 12 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, BoxingScene.com was contacted by a very credible source who says the Cotto-Gomez fight is far from done. [details]

I actually hope this fight does not happen, I would rather see Cotto-Clottey.

Comment

I would like to see Clottey fight Cotto instead of Gomez as he opposes a bigger threat IMO. Gomez should just agree to a decent deal and make the fight, he doesn't need to do what Mora did, which made a lot of people lose respect for him, if they had any to begin with.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TopDawg View Post
          I actually hope this fight does not happen, I would rather see Cotto-Clottey.
          Homay, i dont understand why you expect Cotto to take hard fights as a TUNEUP before a major fight, and not expect Floyd to take a hard fight FOR a major fight.

Comment

but yeah, i would much rather see Clottey give Cotto problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Homay, i dont understand why you expect Cotto to take hard fights as a TUNEUP before a major fight, and not expect Floyd to take a hard fight FOR a major fight.
              Who exactly is Cotto tuning up for? It's a better fight for the fans than Cotto-Gomez.

Comment

Who exactly is Cotto tuning up for? It's a better fight for the fans than Cotto-Gomez.
                Have you seriously not been reading? the only reason this Cotto/Gomez **** is happening is to promote Margarito/Cotto only like 2 months later. Did you really not know this?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Have you seriously not been reading? the only reason this Cotto/Gomez **** is happening is to promote Margarito/Cotto only like 2 months later. Did you really not know this?
                  How flattering, Margo already Clottey though so it should be no problem for Cotto then right?

Comment

How flattering, Margo already Clottey though so it should be no problem for Cotto then right?
                    Well, Mayweather already embarrassed De La Hoya so it should be no problem for him again right? See, this is whats frustrating. You say **** like this

Originally posted by TopDawg
                    It would be a better fight for the fans
                    Yet I hear NO complaining from you about Mayweather/DLH II which fight fans DONT want to see. Why is that? Why does Cotto's choice bother you MORE than Floyd's choice. That absolute makes NO sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X