Taylor is Determined To Expose Pavlik's Hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor is Determined To Expose Pavlik's Hype

by Lem Satterfield - Three rounds.

That's how long Emanuel Steward believes it's going to take for ringsiders to watch Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik discover a new definition for his nickname.

For that's how long the Hall of Fame boxing trainer believes it will take his World Boxing Council and World Boxing Organization Middleweight champion, Jermain Taylor, to make the challenger disappear when they meet for Taylor's titles on Sept. 29 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J.

Reached on his cellular phone in the Poconos, N.J., on Wednesday night, where he had just completed another long day training Taylor (27-0-1, 17 KOs), Steward said Pavlik (31-0, 28 KOs) "is pretty much a media creation, the way I see it."

Steward believes that the Youngstown, Ohio, resident was elevated to an undeserved level of prominance after winning via seventh-round KO what Steward views as little more than a battle of Rock-em, Sock-em Robots against Edison Miranda on May 19 at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn. [details]

He will expose it, in a FOTY candidate, that will get me a hell of alot of points.

Comment

Originally posted by skilspaydabills View Post
      He will expose it, in a FOTY candidate, that will get me a hell of alot of points.
      well if its a FOTY candidate then he wont have "exposed" it. eh?

anyways, hes not gonna do any of what he said i dont think. Its gonna be an even, give and take fight until its end. I think Pavlik takes it the 10th, there are dozens of possible outcomes for this one

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
        well if its a FOTY candidate then he wont have "exposed" it. eh?

anyways, hes not gonna do any of what he said i dont think. Its gonna be an even, give and take fight until its end. I think Pavlik takes it the 10th, there are dozens of possible outcomes for this one
        You know Taylor isnt 24-12 right? Because you're the leading guy that just assumes that he has a losing record.

Comment

Pavlik wont be exposed because he's a good fighter and he's determined. If Taylor beats Pavlik decisively I will be shocked. I think Taylor wins because he fights up to his competition. I wouldn't be surprised if Pavlik won though.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
            You know Taylor isnt 24-12 right? Because you're the leading guy that just assumes that he has a losing record.
            wat r u talking about???

Anyways, anybody else see how REDICULOUSLY biased that article was???

The odds makers and every expert on the planet makes this an even fight. some favor Jermain, some favor Kelly, but all call it a close fight.

While this wackjob says Pavlik only has "a punchers chance. And even that is a stretch."

LOL. This is the type thing that angers. People who are so sure that Pavlik is all hype after beating Miranda, and that he's been all hype his whole career, when he has JUST been emerging.

The guy critisizes Pavlik for wins in his 9th to 15th pro fights... just rediculous bias in this man.

Comment

Welcome to Lem. Great to have this guy on the site. One of boxing;s best.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
                wat r u talking about???

Anyways, anybody else see how REDICULOUSLY biased that article was???

The odds makers and every expert on the planet makes this an even fight. some favor Jermain, some favor Kelly, but all call it a close fight.

While this wackjob says Pavlik only has "a punchers chance. And even that is a stretch."

LOL. This is the type thing that angers. People who are so sure that Pavlik is all hype after beating Miranda, and that he's been all hype his whole career, when he has JUST been emerging.

The guy critisizes Pavlik for wins in his 9th to 15th pro fights... just rediculous bias in this man.
                I personally don't see how any seasoned boxing fan can underestimate Pavlik. He has shown good technique, a good chin, and ability to adjust. I'd like to hear a logical explanation to how or why he will be dominated.

I'll bet all my points on this being a close fight.

Comment

That one pavlik fans really annoying, it would be awesome if Pavlik loses. I think every topic he has ever made on this forum is about pavlik.

Comment

I'm sorry but I just can't except "great fighter" and Kelly Pavlik in the same sentence. He's a good fighter at best but phenominally overrated for his performance against a drained and deplinshed Edison Miranda who struggled a great deal to make weight. I know, there's no excuses in boxing, blah, blah, blah. You're the same guys though that make plenty of excuses for your own mistakes in life so try not playing the hypocrite role for once guys.

For a fighter like Jermain Taylor, Pavlik's style is Taylor made (Pun intended). He comes forward with very little foot work, slow as molasses, no head movement, mediocre defense, predictable and staright up and down with no special effects. As Emanuel Stewart stated Kelly is asleep in 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X