No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. To Scout Ricky Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather, Jr. To Scout Ricky Hatton

Although Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has claimed that he will retire after his May 5 bout with Oscar De La Hoya, the UK Sunday Mirror reports that Mayweather will be scouting Ricky Hatton when he meets Juan Urango on January 20 in Las Vegas. [details]

The fight, if it ever really happens, would certainly not go the distance. The fight could be stopped due to Ricky being cut early, or Ricky could knock PBF very late on by wearing him down. Although I am a big fan of The Hit Man, I feel at 147 Ricky would be too slow, which is why PBF would love to fight him. The fight never happens ever at 140, which would favour Ricky...The only ones that could beat PBF at 147 is Cotto and maybe Paul Williams. Ricky has the third best chance though.

Comment

Save your money, Floyd. Hatton never intends to fight you. If anything, Hatton will call Floyd down to 140 to save face...

Comment

Well, at least this would mean Floyd doesn't plan on retiring after the DLH fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
          Save your money, Floyd. Hatton never intends to fight you. If anything, Hatton will call Floyd down to 140 to save face...
          how the **** can you say that?
          ricky is building himself towards to floyd fight and has stated he would only return to 147 for mayweather and the fact that hes going to watch hatton fight only strengthens the fight in the future
          after rivcky beats urango and castillo they would be a big enough purse to cater for both fighters and that is the only stumbling block for this fight ( mayweather watned 25m for a manchester fight , hatton wanted 13m for a american showdown)

Comment

ive never heard of pbf wanting 25m , hes just said flat out he wouldnt go there

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible View Post
              I think so too. I also think that Hatton has gone out of his way to not make the fight with Mayweather.

Comment

I don't blame him, the europeans don't know how to fight fair. all ricky does is hold and hit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtime9 View Post
                  I don't blame him, the europeans don't know how to fight fair. all ricky does is hold and hit.
                  Yeah, Cuz no Americans do that do they...

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible View Post
                    early 2005 a member here called square cirlcle posted a article from a credible source with a mayweather interview and floyd confirmed he asked for 25m for a fight in manchester with the city of manchester stadium a suitible venue

Comment

Working...
                    X