Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey
Seriously, it was ****ing bad man. His resume is good now with Cotto and Clottey, but in summer 2006 where Floyd was "ducking" him (which is a totally different subject matter, but completely untrue imo).
Margarito's top 5 wins before Joshua Clottey and Miguel Cotto:
1. Antonio Diaz: Antonio Diaz is pretty underrated and Margarito's best win. However Diaz lost to Shane Mosley before this and was still not great even if he was underrated. Good win, but really, if this is his top win? Really?
2. Sergio Martinez: Guy obviously impressed with Alex Buenma and we'll see how he'll go on with his career (I'm picking him to beat Forrest), but this guy was unknown at the time. It's a good win, but Martinez was unknown at the time. It could be his Glen Johnson to Bernard Hopkins win. (Last and only time I'm going to compare Margarito to Hopkins ever)
3. Kermit Cintron I: A lot of people would have this as number 1, but really Cintron isn't that good at all. Infact, he's a mental midget with power. He's limited and pretty crappy. Martinez and Diaz both would have crushed him.
4. Andrew Six Heads Lewis: This win would have been higher ranked if Mayorga hadn't previously KOd him in 6 rounds a bit before this. Margarito did it in two, but it's just an average win.
5. Sebastian Lujan: Lujan isn't that good or good at all, but it's Margarito's vicious performance that makes this come in at number 5.
And that's really it....I mean those are his top 5 wins. They aren't good at all. His resume is good now and looks to be shaping up, but seriously....a win over 37 year old Shane Mosley would be his second or third best win.
Shane Mosley isn't bad, he gave Cotto a good fight and beat Luis Collazo, but he looked pretty messy against Ricardo Mayorga in which other fighters have looked great. I think he'll be game and maybe win a couple rounds, but Margarito should win this pretty easy.