Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so 1 good pop in the amatuers and u get the 8 count??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so 1 good pop in the amatuers and u get the 8 count??

damn that must suck, especially if the guys not hurt but his head pops back.

ye it looks that way. and mystyal, how heavy and tall is greatestiam?

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5

Listen and listen well. The referees primary duty in tha amatuer ring is to look out for a boxers well being. If they are in a situation that we believe could be detrimental by the next blow we will jump in to make sure that that blow never lands. We will administer an 8 count at which time you should signify that your fine by raising your gloves to gaurd and slightly bending your kness in respect. We dont want to see any one hurt. In the amatuers we are there to help you guys learn the sport of boxing. Not the brutalities of it.

If you would like to get dropped I recommend the pro game.

Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 05-09-2006, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
        ye it looks that way. and mystyal, how heavy and tall is greatestiam?
        he said like 170 but he looks lighter and 6'0

Comment

i read the posts where ppl were sayin he must bully u around the ring coz hes taller and heavier, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
            i read the posts where ppl were sayin he must bully u around the ring coz hes taller and heavier, LOL

stupid huh. i've never heard **** like that in my life. in high school wrestling i used to have match's in the 172 weight class and i only weighed max 153 and still handled them well

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
              wow i didnt know that. how are u met to land powerful combos if they stop u after one good shot?

Comment

Isn't it like two solid landed punches is a knockdown/8 count?

Comment

Its not a solid punch that brings the 8 counts. Lots of solid punches can be landed in an amatuer match without an 8 count being administered.

When a good shot lands I will get close and look at the fighters eyes and notice his disposition. If in anyway I feel that he is hurt or dazed by the shot I will step in.

You guys seem to think that the Amatuers are supposed to be like the pros. They are not, they are night and day with the pros. Like I said, amatuer boxing is about skill not raw power. Besides, if you dont take the time to learn the true skill of the art in the amatuers, you will wish that you had if you ever turn pro.

Amatuer boxing is a sport that builds character and self pride in the young men that participate. We want them to have the best experience with the sport that they can. Letting someone get beat down is not a good experience for anybody in amatuyer boxing. When we see a kid go down the officials drive home feeling horrible about it. These are kids and we dont want any of them hurt if we can help it.

An 8count in the amatauers is nothing. Its a time where we can take a good look at you and make sure that your ok. Besides, in the amatuers the only thing that an 8 count scores is the blow landed, 1 point thats it. No 10-8 rounds here man. If I step in and give an 8 count yeah they get pissed sometimes. When I stop a fight they get furious sometimes. Go out and land a jab and that 8 count has been nullified. Its just something that I will deal with as I lay to sleep after bouts. I will feel that I did the right thing and that I know that the kid will be back to fight another day, with no serious injuries.

Thats what the amatuers are all about.

Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 05-09-2006, 09:47 AM.

Comment

The amateurs are a safe affair. It's not like the pro's where there are world titles at stake and millions of dollars for the winner. Like Rockin said the amateurs is about displaying skill and scoring points not looking to hurt the guy.
                    Bouts are short and are fast! Marciano didn't do particulary well as an amateur, since his style was all about wearing guys down and trying to KO them. He often found himself outpointed by the end.

Speaking of safety, have there been many fatalities in the amateurs?

Comment

Working...
                    X